palm springs

"Babe?" you called out as you walked through the foyer and towards the kitchen with your bags of groceries, spotting Kendall perched on the bar stools, "Whole Foods is insane. Honestly there was no toilet paper, we're gonna have to start rationing. I managed to get some of the sangria we both love though."

Kendall laughed, "I thought you were going out to get essentials."

"You were out discussing getting a Firari!" You exclaimed, "Our sangria is definitely essential in comparing it to that."

Kendall stood up and walked up to you, putting her arms around your neck and nudging at your nose with hers lovingly.

"Baby..." Kendall drew out.

You rolled your eyes, "Oh God what do I need to do?"

"My mom and Corey were talking today about the trip to Palm Springs." Kendall started, "And they really want us to go."

You shrugged, "If you want to go, Ken, then I'm happy to go with you."

"Really?" Kendall questioned, "But I thought you had that studio session with Laura?"

You chuckled, "You mean Lauren?"

"Same thing." Kendall dismissed rolling her eyes.

"We both agreed we should push it back to when Ms. Rona decides to spread her wings and fly away." You told her, "So I'm all yours until then."

You tapped her nose and pulled away to grab the wine and unscrewed the lid and walked to grab two glasses, pouring the red liquid into the cups.

"Ms. Rona?" Kendall chuckled.

You nodded, handing her a glass of wine, "Yeah, Ken. It's what all the gays are calling it - keep up."

"M'kay well we should get packing soon then." Kendall said, "We'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon."

"Sure thing, baby." You told her, "But first, can we go have a bath and relax before we do that?"

Kendall nodded and led you into the bathroom quickly, knowing that she should take in this evening as it would be your last alone before you were surrounded by everyone for four days.

***

You sighed in relief when you finally pulled up to the house after the two hour drive. Kendall had fallen asleep after only twenty minutes so you had been pretty bored the whole time and the idea of spending time with sixteen other people seemed like bliss. You needed human attention after that long few hours of silence.

Luckily, Kendall naturally woke up as the car had come to a stop which was a relief because you did not want to have to wake her up.

"We're here?" Kendall questioned, "Shit I can't believe I slept through the whole journey."

You pouted as she turned to you, "You left me alone with my thoughts for well over an hour. Not cool, Ken."

Kendall laughed and leaned in to kiss your pout away, "I'm sorry, baby."

"You ready to go in?" You asked, putting your hand on her cheek and smiling softly.

Kendall nodded and lent into you, kissing you once more.

You both got out of the car and made your way inside the house and almost instantaneously was met with the sound of, what felt like, a million and one children giggling and screaming, and a houseful of half-drunken adults who all seemed to cheer at your arrival.

"Ahhh," Khloe cheered, running over to you both and putting an arm around either one of you, "I'm so glad the two of you made it."

Kris made her way forward to the both of you with a bottle of hand sanitizer in her hands, "Come on, you both." She said, gesturing for you to hold your hands out, "This coronavirus is serious, we need to take all necessary precautions."