II

"Rise and shine." Penelope groaned as she sat up. Her dark locks sticking up in awkward angles.

She squinted her eyes and glanced around the room, watching as the h/c girl was already up and tidying her bed. The other girls already had their uniforms on, walking to and from the bathroom with tired looks on their faces.

"What time is it?" Penelope asked as she lazily climbed out of bed. "And why am I the last one to wake up?"

"Well," their roommate began, growing nervous under Penelope's stare. "We tried to wake you up, but you nearly kicked us." She responded as she made her way towards her bed.

"Sounds about right." Penelope muttered as she glared at the other two who seemed to whisper to each other, occasionally glancing at Y/n. "You two better get moving." She snarled at the two, a pleasing look overtaking her features as they did so.

Penelope began to gather her toiletries, making her way towards the bathroom and shutting the door with a slam.

Y/n was adding finishing touches to her hair when she noticed her last roommate staring at her as if she wanted to say something. "What's wrong with you?" She asked jokingly.

The girl let out a small squeal as she was addressed, "Nothing."

Furrowing her brows, Y/n ignored her. "Alright, I'm ready." Penelope announced as she walked out of the bathroom.

"How do you get ready so fast?" Y/n smiled, making their way towards the Great Hall.

"Tsk. That's for me to know and for you to never find out." Penelope teased. They walked into the Great Hall, the smell of bacon and strong coffee hitting their noses.

A small yelp escaped the girls lips as someone bumped into her from behind. She furrowed her brows, turning to see who it was when she suddenly let out a small scoff. "Watch where you're going, Montague."

"Sorry, sorry." The male spoke quickly, taking a hold of both of their arms before dragging them into an empty spot at the Slytherin table. He began to scoop all kinds of food into his plate. "Y/n/n, have you done the reading for potion's?"

"Reading? What reading?" Penelope asked as she nearly spat out pumpkin juice over a first year.

"Yes, but you already knew that." Y/n spoke softly as she played around with her food.

"I did." Monty smiled sheepishly. "Want to summarize it for me?"

The h/c girl rolled her eyes as she gave them the most important facts she remembered reading. Half way through her mini-lecture a slim figure placed themselves besides Monty, reaching over and snatching Penelope's bacon.

"Hey." The girl protested. "Hands off my food." The male chuckled, locking eyes with the h/c girl and sending her a smirk.

"What do you want, Adrian?" Montague asked, shoving the male's hand away from his plate.

"Nothing." He sighed dramatically. The three gave him an annoyed look, silently asking him to say what he had in mind. "Fine, Marcus says he needs to talk to you."

Y/n rolled her eyes, pushing her plate away from her. "Tell him he can tell me himself."

"Yeah." Penelope nodded, swinging her arm around the girl. "He's got a big mouth, tell him to tell her himself." Y/n sent her an unfazed glance, shrugging her arm off.