VII

"What are you doing for Christmas, this year?" Penelope asked, shaking from the cold snow that fell upon them. The pair had spent the first hour in Hogsmeade walking around the village.

"I'm not sure." The girl mumbled softly, clutching her arms closer to her body. "What about you?"

Penelope huffed when a student rushed past her. "Mother wants to visit my grandmother for the holidays."

"Bring me some of her sugar cookies, please." Y/n smiled.

"Sure thing." Penelope opened the door to The Three Broomsticks, letting out a small sigh when the warmth hit her flushed cheeks. "That is if Pansy doesn't eat them all."

Madame Rosmerta smiled warmly at the sight of the two girls, "Butterbeers, I suppose?" She let out a small laugh when they nodded their heads eagerly, taking a seat in the next vacant booth.

"I think I will try to bake my own sugar cookies." Y/n hummed. "Aunt Vinda wasn't much of a cook, but mum might help me." Madame Rosmerta quickly came bearing two Butterbeers, nodding her head when they thanked her.

"Ladies." Montague grinned as he squeezed into the booth besides Penelope.

"Where have you been?" The h/c girl asked, taking a small sip from her glass.

"At Zonko's." He grinned. "The guys are still there, but I wanted to come find you guys."

"What guys?" Y/n mumbled, her e/c orbs narrowing at the male.

"Umm, Pucey and Flint." He breathed, watching as she rolled her eyes. "I didn't tell them where I was going." He shrugged, taking a sip from Penelope's glass of butterbeer.

"You sure about that?" Penelope questioned, watching as the said males made their way towards their table.

"Rosier, Parkinson." Adrian acknowledged the two, taking the seat next to Y/n. The girl let out a small whine when his foot fell heavily onto hers. "Sorry, sorry." He spoke rapidly, standing up and pulling a chair at the front of the table instead.

"It's alright." She said softly. Marcus had gone to order more drinks, returning to sit in the only empty seat on the booth with a short huff.

"What are you guys doing for the holidays?" Penelope asked, taking her half empty cup from Montague with a small frown.

Y/n watched as Marcus shrugged, sending Adrian an apologetic look when he informed them he would be staying in Hogwarts.

Montague puffed his chest out, "I'm going to do absolutely nothing." He grinned, shrinking in his seat when his friends sent him a questioning glance. "What?"

Madame Rosmerta came back, leaving five butterbeers at their table with a small smile. "Five?" Penelope asked, "Are you seeing double, Flint? Or will you down all those in one go?"

"I did say I'd treat you two to butterbeers, did I not?" He said sending the girl besides him a glance, watching as she nodded her head slowly. "Although, you don't deserve one, Parkinson. You ran out."

The girl gasped pointing a finger at her friend, "so did she."

"Hmm, no. She ran out after Marcus scared her." Montague defended poorly, letting out a grunt when Y/n kicked him from beneath the table.