XI

White snow no longer adorned the castle grounds, it was nearing early spring when the rain came down with no warning. The soft sounds of rain drops could be heard from within the Great Hall. The h/c girl let out a soft sigh, her chin resting on her soft hand.

"You're not playing in this weather, are you?" Penelope asked Montague, peering up from the Daily Prophet.

"They are." Y/n responded, watching the boy nod in confirmation. "They played in the snow, rain won't bug them."

"Since when do you know so much?" Penelope asked, a brow raised in her friends direction. The girl simply shrugged in response, eyes narrowing at their house prefect.

Adrian sat down with a sigh, grabbing the nearest plate and stuffing it with contents. "What's wrong with you?" Montague spoke, food nearly falling out of his mouth as he did.

"Quidditch, Flint wants us to win." Adrian rolled his eyes, quickly composing himself when he spotted the male.

Penelope smacked down the paper in front of the girl, pointing at the weekly clothing deals. "What's the point? We wear uniforms." Y/n frowned, glancing at Marcus when he sat directly across from her.

"Well, we have the weekend to dress for ourselves." Penelope argued, sipping her pumpkin juice as she continued to show her the offers. "Look, this dress is beautiful."

"It is!" A high pitched squeal was heard, the girls were pushed away from each other as Pansy settled herself in between them. "I want it, Penny."

"Go tell someone who cares." Penelope snarled.

Y/n rolled her eyes, feeling Pansy's elbow come into contact with her ribs when she began to argue with her sister. Letting out a small wince, Y/n scooted further away from the whiny girl.

Montague purposefully kicked the youngest Parkinson from beneath the table, watching with a smirk as she yelped. "Hey, that hurt."

"Go tell someone who cares." He responded, giving Penelope a high five.

. . . ✿ . . .

"The rain should have calmed down." Montague stated, gripping his broom with one hand as he walked besides Y/n and Penelope. "Salazar, this is madness."

The soft splatters from earlier were now replaced by harsh drops that fell with slight force. E/c orbs glanced at the rest of the Slytherin team as they approached from behind. "If one team refuses to play, will the game be cancelled?" Penelope asked, hugging her arms close to her body.

"They can't cancel Quidditch." Montague scoffed, adjusting his grip on the broom.

Macrus peaked out from behind Y/n, his dark eyes watching the Hufflepuff's. "They won't. We're playing and so are they." He spoke, nodding his head towards their opponents; watching as they made their way towards the Quidditch pitch.

"Sorry, Mont. I'm not going to this game." Penelope shook her head, sending him a frown. "I don't want to get sick."

"Me either." He mumbled. Penelope had rushed back inside, leaving Y/n to stand alone as the team had also made their way to the pitch.

"You coming?" Marcus shouted at the girl, watching as she quickly nodded her head and caught up.

"Good luck." She whispered, making her way towards Pomfrey who stood shaking from beneath the stands.