XX

Students returned early in the morning, filling up the quiet castle with lively chatter. Pansy hugged Cleo closely, singing in a high pitched tone, even the feline wanted to claw at itself. Penelope trailed after her sister, attempting to shut her up, embarrassed at the unwanted attention she managed to get.

"Pansy, quit it." Penelope barked, taking their familiar out of her hands with a huff. The younger girl pouted, shrugging her shoulders before skipping towards her friends, continuing the tune as she went.

"If this is her now, I don't think I want to know how your Holiday was." Y/n approached the oldest Parkinson, crossing her arms over her chest with a small smile.

With a soft groan, Penelope dropped onto the couch of the common room. "Yeah, don't ask."

Y/n dropped besides her, watching as Montague quickly made his way towards them, Pucey trailing after him lazily. "Lassies, oh, how I've missed you both." He exclaimed, dropping in front of Penelope with a frown.

The brunette let out a short scoff, a smile growing on her face as the boy continued to act dramatically. She turned to look at Y/n, rolling her eyes when they made eye contact. "Montague, get up from the floor."

Obeying the boy dusted his knees, squeezing besides the pair and throwing an arm around each of their shoulders. He turned his attention towards Y/n, "Where's Flint?"

"Right there." Y/n stated, watching as Marcus approached them. The boy let a small smile grow on his face when his ebony eyes raked over her soft features.

"Good." Montague removed his arms from around the girls shoulders, clapping his hands rather loudly. "I have news for you two." His eyes glanced over Y/n, then towards Marcus. "It's not too good, but it's news."

The loud male fell quiet, suddenly watching as they waited eagerly for him to continue. "Looks like your parents are having your wedding this summer. I'm sorry, I truly am."

Marcus furrowed his brows, frowning slightly when the girl refused to glance in his direction. "How do you know?"

"We bumped into your parents over the break, they told us they were already planning things out." Montague confessed, eyes shifting over as the girl sighed softly besides him.

"I need some air." The h/c girl announced, standing up and refusing to meet any of their eyes. She rushed outside, dropping under a tree as her eyes scanned the Black Lake. She turned to the sound of footsteps, looking up to see Marcus looking down at her sincerely. "I knew it was coming, I guess I was just trying to deny it. Lie to myself this wasn't happening, but I suppose reality hits harder than a Quaffle." She shrugged.

Marcus watched as tears suddenly fell down, streaming freely on her fair cheeks. He sighed softly, dropping besides her and hugging her tightly into his side. He felt her grip his shirt, moving his hand to rub her back slowly.

He suddenly felt her pull away, bloodshot eyes looking at him with sadness. Wiping her nose, the girl watched as his hand retracted from her side and slipped into her own. "I'm sorry." She confessed, laughing at herself. "Salazar, I'm a mess."

Marcus wiped her tears, placing his hand on her cheek as he shook his head at her. "You're not, you just needed a good cry." He offered her a smile, letting her place her head on his shoulder as they stared towards the Black Lake silently.

"I hated you." She blurted out, "I hated you, I blamed you for being the reason I'd be married away."

"And you have every right to do so." He whispered.

"No, I don't." She shook her head, looking down at their clasped hands. "I can't blame you for being the one who's going to take a huge sacrifice for me. I can't hate you when all you are doing is trying to protect us or what we're bound to be."

Ripping his gaze away from the calm water, he turned towards the girl. He silently studied her, thinking about her words. "You're making me sound brave." He joked after falling silent, earning a light giggle from her.

That night, after his housemates were fast asleep, Marcus found himself walking into the common room. The day's news kept him awake, tossing and turning as he thought about what was soon to mark the greatest event of his life. He walked down the last step, narrowing his dark eyes on the figure that sat on the couch, bundled up in a massive blanket.

"Couldn't sleep either?" He asked, watching as the h/c girl snapped her head in his direction with a small gasp. He took a seat besides her, frowning she nodded her head at his question.

Y/n toyed with the blanket, moving closer towards him and throwing some of the blanket on him as well. "You're not cold now, but you will be." She muttered before he could protest.

"Thanks." He whispered, taken aback by her action. He watched as she yawned, eyes begging to flutter shut. "You should head back to bed." He stated, watching as she forced her eyes open.

"No, I'm not leaving until you are tired enough to go to bed." She informed him with a firm nod. He chuckled lowly, tossing his head back with an inaudible sigh. The girl watched him silently, smiling as she thought about the upside of being arranged to him. She quickly shook her head, blushing as her mind slipped elsewhere. Tiredly she leaned into him, another yawn emitting from her lips as she laid her head over his heart. The beating of his heart putting her into a deep sleep.

. . . ✿ . . .

BONUS

The sounds of giggles and aww's echoed through the room, Pucey furrowed his brows. Having it be six in the morning he had to be up and ready for morning patrols, he simply shrugged the sounds as the students who left towards the library early. Walking into the common room, he noticed five students pointing towards the two figures passed out on the couch.

He moved closer, furrowing his brows with slight shock as he noticed Y/n and Marcus lay clinging each other in their sleep. He turned to the sound of shushing, watching as Penelope began to kick the students out with an annoyed expression. The brunette turned to him, ready to exclaim what was going on. But Adrian held his finger to his lips, silently pointing towards his passed out friends with a grin.

Penelope walked towards him with a huff, brows raised with amusement at the sight of the arranged pair. "So, who should we wake first?" She giggled, watching as Adrian was already shaking the broad boy awake.