X

A faux Cupid blew past the girl's head, shooting arrows in all sorts of directions. She managed to dodge a couple who stood in the middle of the hallway, eating each other's faces. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she finally entered the Great Hall.

She dropped into the seat besides Penelope, watching with a confused face when the girl held out a single rose to her. "What's this for?" She asked, taking the rose into her hand.

"I stole it for my Valentine." The brunette shrugged, stabbing her breakfast repeatedly.

"Oh, I'm your Valentine?" Y/n smiled, her gaze focused on the familiar black cat that perched itself on her lap. She began to pet him, looking around for its owner.

Penelope noticed the small feline, "Who's cat is that? How'd it get here?"

"I'm not sure. It's Flint's cat." Y/n shrugged, taking a piece of fruit and allowing the cat to nib at it.

"Now, Dumbledore believes in cat supremacy." Penelope added, "Last week, during my rounds, I saw him walk towards his office with six cats in tow."

The h/c snorted at her friend, "You're stupid."

"I'm being serious." Penelope exclaimed with a smile. "Well, I have to go tutor at the library. See you later?"

The girl nodded her head, thanking her for the single rose and continued to eat. The cat began to purr into her side, causing the girl to huff. "Where's your owner, huh?"

She stood up, nearly falling as two students rushed past her to take a seat at the table. With the feline in her arms, she made her way to the common room in hopes to find the dark eyed boy.

"Hi, Y/n." Pansy exclaimed as she ran towards the girl. "Where are you going? Where's Penny?"

"I'm trying to find Flint." Y/n rolled her eyes at the youngest Parkinson, quickening her step. "And, Penny is at the library, tutoring."

The small girl hummed, jogging lightly as a means to keep up with the older girl. "Flint, Marcus Flint?" She asked curiously, taking notice in how she was heading to the common room. "He's not in the common room." The girl giggled.

Coming to a halt, the cat let out a small hiss when he collided with the girl's chest. She narrowed her eyes at the grinning girl, letting out an inaudible groan. "Where is he?"

"Do I get to come with you if I tell you." The girl rocked on her heels, hoping to get an approval.

Y/n bit her lip with a firm nod, watching as the girl turned around and led her in the opposite direction. "He's at the Quidditch pitch. Why do they practice on the weekends? Especially on a day like today, it's Valentine's Day." The girl let out a dreamy sigh, suddenly letting out a gasp. "Is that why you're looking for him, you're spending the day with him?"

"What, no." The girl snapped at Pansy, "I found his cat, well, his cat found me." Pansy nodded her head, glancing at the pitch in front of them. The two watched as the Slytherin team practiced, Pansy gaped at the males. "You're drooling." Y/n smirked watching as the girl wiped her chin, sending her a glare when she realized she wasn't drooling at all.

Montague stopped down besides him on his broom, sending Y/n a wink. "Happy Valentine's Day." He announced, frowning when she rolled her eyes at him. "What's up?"