IV

"I don't know." The h/c girl hummed, glancing towards Professor Quirriell who stood near his desk. The male fumbling over his words as he attempted to respond to a student's question. "Is it just me or is this year's Dark Arts Professor strange, unusual?"

Penelope shrugged, pearling over Y/n's shoulder to copy her notes. "He's probably just new to this. I mean, tell me you wouldn't be a stuttering mess if you had to teach a whole class about Dark magic or any subject for that matter?"'

Y/n huffed at her statement. "I guess."

"Hey, there's a Hogsmeade trip this weekend. We have to go." Penelope stated in a whisper. "I can't stand Pansy bugging me. I'm going to stab my eyes out with my wand if she doesn't leave me alone."

Y/n shook her head, a chuckle rumbling through her chest. "For the sake of your eyes, we'll go."

"Good. I suppose it will just be us." Penelope exhaled as she began to pack her things. "Montague is spending the first trip with his teammates."

"That traitor." Y/n joked. They walked out of DA laughing, oblivious to the annoyed look Flint sent them.

. . . ✿ . . .

The sky was adorned with grey, dark clouds. E/c orbs glanced around the courtyard, some students were already standing around. Meanwhile others were shoving their permission slips into Professor McGonogall's hands, but the older witch shoved it back and told them to patiently wait their turn.

"Leave me alone." Y/n heard Penelope exclaim. She watched as her friend was being followed by her younger sister, a smile on the latter's face from getting such a reaction from her sister.

"Hello, Y/n." The youngest Parkinson giggled, her short bob bouncing as she skipped around both girls.

"Hi, Pansy." Y/n rolled her eyes with a smile, sending Penelope a questioning glance. "You're not supposed to be out here, this is a trip for students above the third year.

"I know." Pansy pouted. "I just wanted to wish you a good trip."

The older Parkinson scoffed, shaking her head. She glanced at Y/n who raised a brow at her sister, an idea coming to her head. "Pansy, oh, is that who I think that is?" She pointed towards something behind her. "It is! Why it's Draco!"

The youngest girl turned her head quickly, Y/n thought she might have snapped her neck when doing so. Taking the opportunity, Penelope grabbed Y/n's arm and dragged her where the crowd began to walk off school grounds and into the village below.

"Hey!" The girl shouted when she realized Draco was nowhere in sight. "That's not funny, Penny."

"Ms. Parkinson, get back here." Professor McGonagall's voice boomed as she watched the youngest girl try to catch up to the older students.

Y/n heard Penelope let out a sigh of relief when they reached the bottom of the hill. "Where should we go first?"

Before Y/n had the chance to reply, Penelope was tackled onto the ground by Montague. "Get off me, you freak!"

"Okay, okay." Montague cried out as Penelope began to hit his arms repeatedly. He extended his arm towards her, but she simply huffed, getting up from the ground on her own.