Afortunate Events // Chapter 4

~ Niall's eyes

Athena was a nice girl, I had fun talking to her. She was a fan, a big fan, I could see the posters that she had of my songs on her wall. I meant it when I told her that I thought that she could be big someday. It had been quite a long time since I had a sincere talk with someone, like, when you know the other person is actually listening to you and not only hearing your voice.

She was a shy person, but not impossible to talk to. I could see how she blushed everytime i complimented her. It was like she had a hard time actually believing that she was a great singer. Her lack of confidence could be a problem, but I'll help her get through it.

I told her that we should hang out someday, I don't even know why I told her that, it just crossed my mind and I decided to go for it.

My gut feeling was telling me that something bad was gonna come out of this, something I will regret, but since when do I listen to what people say?

I feel like we will be good friends.

~ Athena's eyes

After the zoom meeting, the  nap and talking to Anna about everything that had happened during the meeting, I decided to go for a walk. The truth is that I hated going out for walks, I didn't even know why I wanted to. The sun was starting to disappear, letting the moon be the protagonist of the sky. I grabbed my Walls hoodie and my airpods and went for a walk. Kids were playing in the street, their mothers watching them, some teenagers were leaving the mall, the usual things never change in this old town. Only Angel started playing and I smiled to myself while jamming to the music. Only Angel made me feel so powerful, like it was my world, and people were just living in it.

It was really getting dark, so I decided to take my airpods off my ears and started being careful. London at night could be dangerous. I was still walking, but I didn't recognize the place I was in.

Fuck

I was enjoying the music so much that I went so far from home. I started walking faster to see if I could reach a point in which I knew where i was. But I wasn't the only one that started to walk fast. I turned around to see a man, way taller than me, following me. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared. I don't want to judge the man, but his appearance and his behavior weren't helping me calm down.

I was being followed.

I knew what to do in these situations. I grabbed my phone and pressed the first contact without checking who it was.

Please answer, please answer, please answer

"Hello?" An irish accent sounded from the other side of the phone.

"Niall?"

It had to be him? I just met him? i didn't want to make him think that I was making all of this up just to be with him

"Athena?" He sounded a bit worried

There was a silence in which I could only hear my breathing and running.

"Ath, are you okay? Answer me please" He was now worried

"Niall, i'm being followed" My voice was shaky, and the first tear dropped from my eyes

"Followed in a dangerous way, or like a fan followed?"

"Followed in a dangerous way. Niall, i'm scared, I grabbed my phone and called the first contact that popped up. I didn't mean to call you, I don't want you to think that I'm making this up, but please. Im scared" I talked so fast that I was worried that he even understood me