To Icarus and Back // Chapter 34

~ Their eyes

She loved him.

She loved him so much that it was impossible to put it into words.

She loved him so much that in a stadium full of people, she was looking at him, and only him.

You could say that Niall was used to the screams and cries of the audience, since he has been hearing them since the age of sixteen. He was used to those screams and cries, but not to the beauty of the woman in front of him. He was in awe every time their eyes collided, generating eye contact, he was in awe every time he had her near.

Athena forcefully removed her eyes from Niall's figure, allowing her to finally see the immense crowd beneath her. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins without even giving her a break to think. She had never felt so alive in her life.

If you asked Athena: 'Hey Ath how did the concert go?', she wouldn't be able to tell you, because it's like she was there, but also wasn't. A new soul took over her body, a confident one, a happy one, one that wasn't thinking about the consequences of her actions, but one that was thinking about today, and now.

Once the moment finally sinked in in Athena's mind, she took off her ear piece, listening to the crowd roaring her name, tears being shed in her presence, and Athena couldn't help but tear up at the sight.

Her eyes weren't the only ones that were watering, Anna was balling her eyes out together with Bailey, while Ethan tried calming the both of them down. And finally there was him, Niall's eyes were watering a bit, feeling an immense amount of pride and love towards the woman on stage.

Athena's time on stage was finally up, and it was Niall's turn to shine.

Once Niall got the signal that his time on stage was running out, and he had only one song left to sing, he put his guitar down and headed towards the edge of the stage.

"So," Niall breathed out in the microphone "Damn, I didn't know I would be running out of breath by now" He laughed a bit and the crowd giggled

"Okay, so, this is sadly the last song I will be singing for you today," He pouted a bit and smiled "It won't be a song I wrote, and I also won't be singing alone"

The crowd screamed once again and Niall took deep breaths before preparing himself for what he was going to say.

"Let's all welcome Mrs Athena Rivers on stage once again please!" He yelled and clapped

Athena quickly shook her hands a bit and went out on stage, a smile plastered on her face while she grabbed a microphone and sat on the piano.

"I'm back bitc-" She stopped herself "I'm not supposed to say that on stage I'm so sorry" She panicked

"Alright seems like i'm gonna be the one doing the talking since Mrs Rivers here forgot she can't cuss on stage" Niall shot her a playful look

"Watch your mouth Horan, you're still stuck for a whole tour with me!" She playfully responded

'Hopefully a whole life' Niall thought.

"Anyways, should we begin with the song?" The crowd yelled "I can't hear you!" Niall rasped

Athena thought that Niall asking the crowd to speak up was the hottest thing in the world, her knees were weak and she was thanking the universe for having to sit down for this song.

"Alright, hit it Athena!"

Athena began playing some piano notes before Niall began singing.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January