Chapter 15

Shepard was wiping down the waiting room when Garrus walked in the door, surprisingly alone. She pretended not to see him and continued her work.

Since both Nihlus and Garrus has shown up 4 months ago, the pair of them have been showing up several times a week to speak with the Professor. Shepard wasn't sure about what but she knew she had to keep her distance. Even SAM was being more silent than normal.

"Nurse," Garrus said breaking the silence as she continued cleaning.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Shepard said with a smile. "I didn't see you there. Are you here for Professor Solus?"

Garrus looked embarrassed and rubbed his neck.

"No," he replied. "I was hoping you'll accompany me to dinner."

Shepard looked at him surprised. Dinner? Where had this come from? He had never shown interest in her before?

He's fishing for information SAM pipped in. They haven't found anything related to you besides that you came to Professor Solus when you arrived.

They don't suspect you are Shepard he continued. If you want to know if they have a second agenda, I suggest you stay close so that I can connect to their omni- tool.

"I wouldn't say no," Shepard began. "However, I still need to finish cleaning and disinfecting."

"I-I don't mind waiting," Garrus quickly said. "I'll wait over here out of your way."

Persistent Shepard commented to SAM. The Council definitely wants something.

Are you keeping things from me? Shepard teased as she continued cleaning.

No more than usual SAM commented.

Shepard hid her smile and finished cleaning before 5 her coat from the receptionist desk.

"All set," Shepard asked locking the office and filing cabinets. "Do you mind waiting outside while I set the alarm?"

"Y-yeah. No problem," Garrus replied standing up from the chair and stepping out.

Shepard activated the alarm and stepped out, bumping into Garrus's armored back.

"Ow," she said rubbing her forehead.

"Ms. Vicki," Garrus said alarmed turning around and inspecting her forehead. "I shouldn't have stood so close."

"I'm fine, Mr. Vakarian," Shepard replied, as Garrus kept examining her forehead. "It's nothing medi gel can't fix."

"Let me," he said, applying a bit. "I'm an expert."

"So am I," Shepard replied, amused.

"Good as new," Garrus said softly after applying the gel. He still had her head in his hands.

"Thanks," Shepard replied taking his hands in hers. "Shall we go to dinner?"

Garrus cleared his throat, looking embarrassed.

"Where ever you want to go," He continued.

"Where ever, huh?" Shepard asked.

"I, no," Garrus said flustered. "That's not .."

Shepard laughed.

"I know the perfect place," she continued, dropping one of his hands. "Follow me."

Smooth move SAM commented as Shepard took them to a nearby ramen restaurant. I need a few more minutes. The Spectre here has top-notch security.