Chapter 7

"Dr. Lang," Dr. Susan said walking through the lab door. "How's everything looking today?"

"Same as usual," Shepard replied going through her notes. "Not much has changed."

"The new data didn't help at all?" she asked curiously. "I had hope it would."

"It's too soon to tell," Shepard replied. "The simulation hasn't completed all the calculations yet."

"It's been at it for hours," she said, taking a sit in one of the empty chairs.

"The computer processor isn't equipped to handle the load," Shepard muttered, to the screen.

"It'll take as long as it takes," Shepard said louder. "These calculations are newer than anything we tried before. Where did you say we got the calculations from?"

"We have everyone at the Science Academy trying to help everyone out," Dr. Susan began avoiding the question. "This is the best we got."

"That's why it's taking so long," Shepard answered. "I had to change everything to accommodate the calculations."

Dr. Susan leaned back on the chair and stared at Dr. Lang. Her first impression of the doctor wasn't all the great, especially when she showed up with two turians 3 weeks ago at the docking station. Since her arrival, Alec has had her working on perfecting her implant design non-stop with the help of the engineers. So far, Dr. Lang has gotten exceptional results but she was struggling with stabilizing the implant.

None of the engineers had been able to find the solution to the problem, but Alec was beginning to think that his prototype may come in handy in this particulate situation. Going out on a limb he had given her some new calculations for Dr. Lang to try out. They were all waiting anxiously for the results.

"You ever think about taking a break?" Dr. Susan asked, out of nowhere. "Maybe take some time off?"

"I didn't come here to relax," Shepard answered. "I can to make this implant work. It's what got me nominated to come to the Science Academy."

"All work and no play," Dr. Susan commented. "That sounds stressful."

"We all have different ways of distressing," She answered as the computer started beeping.

"This is it," Shepard whispered, in disbelief.

The calculation Dr. Susan had given her not only would stabilize the implant but it would give it the necessary power to be used at will without burning out the circuits. Shepard had her reservations about where these calculations came from but they worked.

"It will work?" Dr. Susan asked standing up.

"Yeah," Shepard replied, in disbelief turning to face Dr. Susan. "It'll work."

Dr. Susan smiled the biggest smile Shepard had ever seen, "I'll tell Alec as soon as possible." With that she took off from the room.

It took a second for Shepard to take that in, the excitement had clouded her senses momentarily. Shepard stared at the wall as all the information gathered in her brain. If Alec Ryder was being informed, then that would mean he had something to do with the calculations given her to use on the simulation... He would have to had gotten them from somewhere, no one at the Science Academy had been able to come up with the solution...No living human could possibly... He was going to use the implant to house the A.I.

Shepard stood up at the realization. Alec had to have finished the building of the A.I. and she was blinded as to why they wanted the implant stabilized so badly. She was so focused on finishing her design that she didn't realize it could be used for housing an A.I. Shepard had come up with the idea for the implant when she had graduated from the N7 program. Some of the candidates in the program suffered from severe migraines thanks to the L3 biotic implants. It had been her way of helping them out but she hadn't been able to finish the design...until now.

Unseen: Mass Effect FanFictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara