New Friend...? and Dinner Talk ||Chapter 42||

Lunch was strange. Chloe and Sabrina decided to join us. They mostly spoke to each other but occasionally Chloe would speak to myself or Adrien. It left the group incredible awkward at first, not really knowing how to handle the change but as soon as Marinette gave them a tentative smile, Alya and Nino were fine.

"Is this not weird for you?" I asked Adrien quietly with a touch of amusement in my voice. I shouldn't be laughing but it seemed Chloe was struggling with being nice. Sabrina seemed to help her out a lot though.

"Oh no, it's definitely weird. I'm just trying to work past it." Adrien said, giving me a playful smile. I shook my head and bumped his shoulder lightly. Adrien didn't talk about it too much but I know he missed having Chloe as a friend, I was glad to watch them slowly put the pieces of their friendship back together. Whatever they had spoken about this morning must've helped in a big way.

Chloe turned to me and flicked her long ponytail over her shoulder. "So, are you going to be around Adrien all the time now?" She asked. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face before opening my mouth to speak.

"Chloe..." Adrien warned. Chloe looked at him confused and even sat up straight. "What? I'm asking because I want to have girl time without you." She stated, the hint of a playful smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. Alya snorted in laughter and tried to hide it while Nino seemed impressed at the sass she just gave Adrien.

"Girl time sounds nice, hand me your phone and I'll put my number in." I smiled, putting my hand out for her phone. She seemed to hesitate for a second before placing her phone in my hand. I made quick work of putting my contact in as I could see how nervous it made her to see me with her phone. I handed it back with a grin. "Whenever you want to make plans, just shoot me a message."

And just like that school was over and I'd managed to somehow make a friend out of a girl I used to dislike, a lot. I'd call that personal growth, from both parties. Marinette and I were sitting in the park. She had her sketchbook out as apparently this was a great spot for inspiration. I was just laying in the grass, cloud gazing.

"Chloe's been acting really nice, what's that about?" Marinette asked, glancing at me. I shrugged before rolling on my side to look at her. "All I know is she missed being friends with Adrien and she realised how she was acting wasn't going to get her anywhere. Though I doubt that's the only reason." I answered before sitting up to take a peak at Marinette's sketch.

"Hey, that's really good!" I exclaimed, looking over the dress design. It was long and flowy, looking very light. It would be a great summer dress. Marinette quickly launched into a detailed explanation about all the little things she was planning to hide in it, like pockets. She cut herself off and blushed darkly, sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck. "Sorry, you probably don't care about all that."

"Are you kidding?" I asked, scooting closer to her. "Hiding the pockets along this seem is a great idea and signing your name here would be perfect, you truly have a gift for this." I stated, pointing at where she'd shown me things would go. She smiled brightly when she realised I was actually paying attention.

She kept adding things to the sketch while I watched and told me exactly what she was adding and why. It was great to watch her work, she's so passionate about designing that she almost converted me to get into fashion. She started writing down possible colours or colour combinations down the side of the sketch before packing her things up.

"Do you want to come over for dinner?" I asked with a smile. She nodded her head enthusiastically and pulled her backpack over her shoulders. I got up and brushed myself off before we began walking. I gave a quick glance at our surroundings out of habit. I haven't seen Mon Papillion lately but that doesn't mean she's not around. My paranoia hasn't completely gone away and I don't think it will until Ladybug and Chat Noir defeat her.

I still have so many questions about her. Is she a Miraculous holder like Hawkmoth? Is she akumatized? And either way, what's her plan?

"What going on in there? You have your serious face on." Marinette said, poking my forehead. I gave her a soft smile, telling her not to worry. And really, she shouldn't. These were questions she was probably asking herself and she had to same answers I did. We just don't know.

"I was thinking about what Marie could be cooking for dinner." I said dreamily, holding my hands to my heart and batting my eyelashes, causing the raven-haired girl to laugh. Her laughter was truly contagious, causing me to laugh as well. "Whatever it is, it smells great." She said sniffing and opening my front door. I inhaled deeply and sighed in pleasure, Marinette was right, it did smell amazing.

We put our bags down by the door and ventured to the kitchen, hoping to find out what was for dinner. Marie wasn't in the kitchen, however the oven was on and I took a sneaky little peak. Lasagne, mmmm. Marinette peaked over my shoulder and grinned.

"And what are you two doing in the kitchen? Dinner's gonna be ready soon." My dad spoke up, startling both of us. I slammed the oven closed and grimaced at the sound it made while Marinette snapped to attention. Dad gave us a cheeky grin before walking off.

When he left both Marinette and I left out a breath. I decided to set the table, hoping to occupy myself from the delicious smelling food. I handed Marinette some plates while I got out the cutlery and Marie passed us as we exited the kitchen. It didn't take long to set the table and Marie was starting to bring the food out.

We all sat at the table and ate happily, talking about our days. It was simple but nice. Marinette seemed happy to be included in my family's normal as she kept looking at me and giving me happy smiles. Dad wiped his mouth when he finished eating and gave me an apprehensive look. I didn't like that look, it usually meant bad news.

"Honey, Marie and I have to leave town for a few days to attend Lucille's wedding. We know you don't particularly like her and as you're almost sixteen, we've decided that you don't have to come. However, you have to have a friend stay with you." He explained. This....this was amazing. I grinned brightly.

"Of course, Papa." I replied. He never gave me a limit on how many friends I could have stay...