Chapter 12

Haven't seen Gabriel in a while;) And since the cat's FINALLY out of the bag, here are the aesthetics for Blake/Elijah, I hope you like them! Two entirely different personas;)

This chapter is dedicated to quaintd_ !

Chapter 12

Blake

The proclamation he had made before the elevator doors slid shut was no small declaration. What was he thinking, blurting that piece of information out all of the sudden? He knew the answer before he fully formed the question in his thoughts.

She had trusted him with her real name, and he could tell by the set of her shoulders it was no easy thing; the least he could do was give her the same courtesy, however, he couldn't fathom what compelled them both at that moment to reveal their most prized possession.

Their name. The first gift that was given to them in the world.

He hasn't thought about Elijah De Vries in a long time.

As the elevator chimed to a halt on the ninth floor, he set aside the mention of Elijah, tucking him back into the void of memories he has spent the last decade of his life trying to forget.

He sensed her before he saw her as the doors opened, not knowing it was her he unknowingly sensed before his eyes unerringly found her gleaming mane of brown hair, hair that reminded him of the most decadent and expensive chocolate that promised flavor and sweetness.

Their eyes found each other, staring each other down. Electricity crackled in the space that separated them.

With equal looks of indifference, Calla stood from her seat by one of the computers, subtly pocketing a small USB she carried while he approached her from where the elevator doors finally slid shut.

"Being a little naughty, aren't we beasty?" Blake drawled, calling her by his old endearment for her as they slowly neared each other and, like a true little beast, she bared her teeth at him.

"There was something I had to do." Was her only comment as she matched his stride, following him without question.

"And was your little trip here worthwhile?" He asked, giving her a look. Gabriel would punish her to the ground if he found out she was here, but he wouldn't kill her. No, they had far more important things to do right now.

"Nothing to complain." Calla replied as he led them towards the back of the vast office space, looking for the exit Shauna-- or more accurately, Lola-- mentioned a few minutes earlier. "Any problems on your end?"

Lifting a shoulder in a half shrug, he replied, "Small complication, I'll tell you about it later, but we have to bounce." They found the exit tucked into a small alcove, opening it to reveal a bare stairwell with metal handrails and steep steps. He could feel the torrent of emotions going through her as they descended the stairs together, one of them being a small sense of relief, probably from his lack of pushing her for answers about why she was actually here.