Prologue

Prologue

Callista

"Care to join me upstairs?" Mark Richardson propositioned after downing his drink, smiling cockily down at her from her seat on the bar.

She smirked to herself, swirling around the contents of her wine glass and purposely not reacting right away.

Like a moth to a flame, men were drawn to her. She'd merely walk within their sights, sit, and wait until they inevitably approached her. They'd think they were the ones getting lucky but truth be told that once they stared into her amber eyes, they're hypnotized to want to tame her, dominate her...

To fuck her.

Men become foolish, reckless even, when in the presence of beautiful women. They let their guard down, wanting nothing more than to have her between the sheets.

This made her job boring. It was the same old thing; their targets would hit on her, she'd accept; they'd take her back to their hotel room, she'd kill them.

Tonight, however, was a little different. CHAOS needed something from this man and they needed to find out where he had hidden the information he held.

For in this cruel world knowledge, is power.

"I'd love to." Callista said in her soft voice. She gave him a wide smile, further encouraging Mark of her 'interest' in him.

She looked up at him and stopped playing with her wine glass, giving him a sultry look as she lifted her cocktail to her lips.

All of the sudden, a pulse rushed through her body, making her drop her drink in shock. The sound of shattering glass echoed through the ambiance of the private club, turning quite a few heads their way.

The after effect of the pulse left a painful throb within her chest. It was as if something within her was suffering, aching, making her gasp in shock.

Paris, she thought. Something is wrong.

"Calla." Samuel said sharply from within her ear through their comms, calling her attention and snapping her back to reality.

"Are you all right?" Mark asked worriedly, a hand on her shoulder.

She shook off her gut feeling and looked to him, giving him a doe-eyed look. "I'm so sorry!" She laughed lightheartedly as she knelt down to somewhat clean the mess.

"No, please, I'm sure we can get someone to help clean the area." Mark knelt down next to her, holding her hands back. "We wouldn't want your pretty little fingers getting cuts." He smiled charmingly.

She scoffed quietly, dusting her fingers slightly before looking at him only to realize that his attention was no longer on her, but on the tranquilizer strapped to the garter on her thigh which became visible through the slit of her dress as she knelt down.

"Oh, fuck." She cursed as Mark abruptly stood and took off, Calla sprinting after him through the halls of the club.

"Shit." Calla heard Liam swear in her ear as they converged together and chased after him.

"Sam, where is he?" Liam asked as they ran side by side.

"Just took the elevator down to the basement." Sam replied urgently. "You'll lose signal the minute you go underground, you're on your own from here on out."

Liam looked sideways at her as he pressed the button going down in the elevator. Calla licked her lips, staring back at him as he slowly moved closer.

"Not like we haven't before." He murmured to himself before pushing her up against the wall, hands wrapping around her waist and mashing his lips onto hers.

What do you guys think? Let me know your thoughts ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment! I'd really appreciate it <3