Chapter 7

Update day! Chapter is dedicated to VanillaLust cause she's so amazing!! Love you Zahra <3

Vote goal is 500 votes and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Lots of love <3

Chapter 7

Callista

She froze. It's as normal a reaction as you can get what with the barrel of a gun pointed directly at your head.

Time seemed to still around them as she stared at the man, a man she could only describe as strikingly handsome, yet one she wasn't thinking of befriending anytime soon as he continued to stare her down. He had on his face a blank expression as he stood unmoving, his stormy grey eyes boring into hers as they continued sizing each other up.

"Tell me Blake, did you go looking for your missing wallet in her bags or something?" The man asked in a bored tone, looking somewhere to her side where Blake stood, his gun held steady while his other hand remained in his pants pocket. "I'd hate to think you went as far as to go looking for them in her pants."

Calla only rounded her gaze on Blake, confused while he replied in a humorless tone. "Put down the gun, Gabriel."

Gabriel... that name sounded eerily familiar.

"Why should I?" He asked as he cocked the gun. "Here stands before me the reason for our long and exhausting flight out to this country. If I kill her now, we could be on the jet in less than an hour and already on the way back."

"Because you and I both know you don't want to." Blake countered. He slowly stepped towards him, cautiously approaching him as if not to surprise him into pulling the trigger.

But Calla knew better, he wouldn't be so careless. She finally recalled who this man was.

Gabriel Arsenio.

His name alone was legendary in the crime world. People often referred to him as the ghost. He was deadly; no one ever really saw him coming and if they did, they'd have to fear for their life.

Because no one has ever had a gun pointed at them by Arsenio and lived to tell the tale.

And that's what made him lethal.

She should be honored, now that she had time to ponder on it. Although not exactly the best situation to be flattered, he was notorious for being numero uno amongst their ranks.

Out of nowhere, she laughed, making both men look at her sharply. They must think she was going mad which, she probably was, she thought as she kept laughing; the kind that had her doubling over and teary-eyed from too much laughter.

This must be what it's like to go crazy.

"Put the gun down, Gabe." Blake said firmly, turning back to him as his hand crept closer to the gun. She didn't know what he was going to do, but she wasn't about to risk Blake's life for hers. She was certain Arsenio would kill him if he got in his way and she was not about to let him die for her of all people, not when she was already reeling from the possibility of... someone else's death.

She pushed Blake aside, stepping forward, grabbing the gun Arsenio held and holding it directly to her temple.

"I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience, Mr. Arsenio." She said, still chuckling. "Well, what are you waiting for?" She asked. "Pull the trigger."

Calla unleashed the full force of her hypnotic gaze, staring directly into his grey ones, enthralling--no, pleading to him with her eyes to not kill her despite the words she said.