Chapter 8

Thank you so much for 500 votes! I love you all <3 This chapter is dedicated to MidnightGloryyyy for her AMAZING support, I see your comments and votes bby and they always make my day <3

Chapter 8

Gabriel

They didn't speak a word as they left the Masterson hotel and returned to the Klark hotel. He honestly didn't know what to say.

He and Blake were in no way the best of all friends but still, he had considered him a close companion for a couple of years.

The life they led could get quite lonely.

Sure they had beauty, brains, and money-- but there's nothing that can really keep away the loneliness that creeps up on you when you least expect it.

He could understand why Blake acts the way he does. Feelings come and go, but when they are so strong, so powerful, there's rarely any resistance on their parts. Often times he compared themselves to children deprived of love when they seek it the most.

And when you have a star burning as bright as someone like Callista Drakos shining right in front of your eyes, how could you resist?

"I'm sorry." Blake said out of nowhere, breaking the silence that settled on them since leaving Callista in her room.

Gabriel raised an eyebrow, surprised. "What are you sorry for?"

He shrugged. "Lying to you, I guess. Not my finest moment."

"I see the way you look at her." Gabriel said, looking to him at the side as they walked into their top floor suite that Blake, unbeknownst to him, booked. "I don't blame you for your affections for her. It's easy to see why you're attracted to her."

"Easy to see, not easy to know all the reasons why." Blake replied in a toneless voice. "She's more than her looks."

"Oh, I know." He said, going over to sit on the cream-colored couch that dominated the living room of the suite, the dim lighting emitting an air of calmness. "I've heard of her exploits through the years, although this is the first time I'm meeting her."

Blake rolled his eyes. "Not just her skills, Gabriel." He said. "It's just her." He leaned back against the wall, looking much older than his years as he stared down with a far-off expression.

"If you say so." He shrugged.

"By the way, I didn't get a chance to say thank you." Blake added. "For sparing her life. Thank you."

Gabriel clenched his hand into a fist, watching the tendons stick out from under his skin. "Truth be told I wasn't sure I didn't want to."

"Of course you didn't." Blake furrowed his eyebrows. "No sane person would take genuine pleasure from taking a life."

"I used to think so." Gabriel murmured, looking down. "But when I held the gun to her head--the rush of knowing that the slightest movement, a nudge in the wrong direction, could end her life... intoxicated me." He said darkly. "What's one more life to take to be free of a life of endless killing and subordination?" He couldn't believe the turn his thoughts had gone. Him actually missing this life was absurd.

It was because of the life he had that lead to that little girl's death.

***

Blake

Blake remained silent, not knowing what to say.

It was with those last few words that Gabriel uttered that he realized Gabriel had wanted to kill her. If it was the last thing he ever did, he would, to put a stop to this kind of life he had.