Chapter 16

Hi angels! We have a new update! And LA blurb has been reconstructed:

*When word spread that Callista Drakos' brother Paris was killed, she couldn't believe it. She abandoned everything and sought him out. What she didn't expect was the trap that was laid to capture her, much less that the legendary Gabriel Arsenio to be sent to eliminate her. To top it all off, her secretive ex-lover was the man who now stood between her and her would-be-killer.

Getting murdered, however, is now the least of her problems when she stumbles upon a kid with an uncanny talent to make things explode and Irish mercenaries begin to hunt her. Amidst her search for her brother, and threats of nuclear war, she couldn't help being drawn to the murderer who refused to kill, and the liar who would let the world burn.*

What do you think? Chapter is dedicated to angelarosaliewrites <3

Chapter 16

Blake

"I'm surprised to see you here." Blake raised his eyebrows as their director, Cassandra Diaz, walked towards him.

"I was in Liverpool on business," She explained while they walked through the bustling crowd of the port of Dublin. "Besides, this information is far too important to let a few henchmen pick it up."

He clucked his tongue in disapproval at her offhand comment as they sat side-by-side on a bench. "Those men you call your henchmen lay their lives down for you, you know."

Cassandra rolled her eyes as she settled down in her seat. "I never asked them to."

Blake made himself comfortable on the bench. "Right, you just hide behind Andrew's orders and let him take care of your protection detail himself." He chose to omit his opinion regarding her manipulative nature. In her late 40s, Cassandra still looked as regal as she did in the first company photo ever taken during the ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the establishment of CHAOS.

With long, caramel hair, deep-set eyes, and apple cheeks, she looked younger than her actual age. And far too innocent looking for her crafty nature.

"Careful, Blake." She warned quietly and absentmindedly fidgeted with her Gucci bag. "We may have an unorthodox friendship, but don't forget, I am still your employer and that I can end your brief life here with us if you so much as step half a toe out of line."

Blake rolled his eyes to hide the small thrum of anger that surged at the threat. He could never forget; it aggravated him that Cassandra had such a hold on him, but it couldn't be helped. He was a teenager when he stumbled onto her doorstep, and by then she'd had years of practice in manipulating people to do her will—a talent that he admired, no matter how devious it was.

He preferred a more straightforward approach in getting what he wanted.

"Trust me, I wouldn't forget." He'll certainly pay her back generously for the years she held his secret captive.

"The USB?" She held out a hand to him.

With unhurried ease he brought out the USB from his pocket, playing with it in his fingers as he taunted her, making no move to give it to her just yet.

"Blake." She barked out when she was getting impatient. "I have more business I need to take care of once we're done here." She snapped her fingers at him like a dog, expecting him to follow her every command.

He smirked. For now—at least, he will, as he slowly handed her the USB. He got what he wanted, anyway; he got her worked up. Now, he knows that there's something especially important going on with the information he gathered from Murphy.