Chapter 3

New update!  I hope you enjoy it, please vote and interact with the story if you do! Next update will be Sunday next week but if we can get the story to 250 before then I'll update early! Lots of love<3

Chapter 3

Callista

It was easy to keep a low profile in Belfast. Weather in Northern Ireland was not unlike that of most European countries during this time of the year. Dark skies, light showers of rain, and weather so cold that your nose turns pink.

Which was why now, as Calla stepped down from the jetway, she covered the bottom half of her face with her thick grey scarf.

The weather here was convenient since you can easily cover up and hide your face and figure. Although a beautiful city with much to offer, it was always a hotspot for violence. It was probably why so many criminals and bombers could get away and escape government holdings, the constant underground crime and bombings that always shook the people into a frenzy didn't help either. She was certain that if only Sam and the rest of her crew hadn't known where she was going, they would've never known where she was.

However, that didn't mean she wasn't going to make it hard on them to track her down.

She knew the moment that she abandoned the mission that CHAOS would send someone after her to bring her back. They couldn't have one of their agents just up and bolting like that, it wouldn't set a good example with the others.

But she didn't care.

Calla needed to find her brother. Paris was all she had left and she'd be damned if she didn't find out what happened.

Paris had gone undercover nearly a month ago in Belfast with another agent. The specifics, she didn't know. It was classified, which had shocked her. She and Paris told each other everything. They both always knew where the other was, always, so when he had given her some bullshit about classifieds she merely raised an eyebrow. She knew that it's not that he didn't want to tell her, it's that he couldn't.

It bothered her to have to hear from Esha about Paris' whereabouts, shocked her even. She assumed he had been taken to France or Spain, not Belfast of all places. Again, she wished he had told her, even if he couldn't.

It never stopped them before; they always danced around that thin line between what they could and couldn't do. But she didn't push him, as long as she still felt connected to him, she knew they'd be all right.

Now, she hears this news about Paris being caught in an explosion and dying. She didn't believe it. Call it twin intuition or witchcraft, she didn't care. She knew deep in her heart he was still out there.

But that small chill from a few hours ago in the bar... worried her. Certainly, something may have happened to him, but he was still alive.

And when she found him, she'll kill him herself for making her worry.

A lot has changed in the past 18 hours, she thought to herself as she strode through the airport, not missing the feeling in her gut that someone out there had eyes on her.

She was being watched.

***

Gabriel

After he hung up on Cassandra and returned to where Blake sat, he was still seething but he won't do anything that would go against them. They were too powerful and far more well connected than he was, despite being in the business for the better part of his life. The threat looming over his mother's safety made his blood boil, however. He needed to move her to a safer location soon, without the prying eyes of the ever imposing syndicate.