Chapter 10

Hey everyone! Sorry I pretty much disappeared for a hot sec, blame it on the school that dumped a shitload of work on us *cue crying*

Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to Mads123123 for being such an AMAZING friend and reader! love you loads bb <3

Enjoy ;)

Chapter 10

Callista

Murphy Enterprises...

She felt as if a distant bell sounded within her mind, a short conversation that was of no consequence earlier suddenly felt like the most important in the world, as if her life itself depended on it.

"What work? Isn't your job just to hunt me down and off me? I would think you both are generally not so busy at the moment." Calla had asked only a few hours earlier.

"Unfortunately for him, that wasn't Blake's only mission." Gabriel had said. "Cassandra needed him to hack into the Murphy systems; work his magic."

Suddenly, the game became a little clearer with this new piece of the puzzle. Paris was tangled up in CHAOS business.

She clenched her teeth. No, it was probably just a coincidence. Murphy Enterprises had a lot of offices, this was just a permanent address. The number Paris called her with may have been an old rundown office or a home office of one of the workers higher on the ladder with a means to associate a serial number with the business.

But as she thought it over, she couldn't help but think that this was too much of a random occurrence to let slide. This wasn't without causal connection; CHAOS sent Gabriel to kill her, the sister of the killed-in-action agent and sent Blake to retrieve information from a top business entity in Ireland, where the said agent had been sent to for a mission.

She could imagine it in her eyes as her thoughts started to make random connections between events, but there were still pieces of the puzzle that were left unclear. Why was this happening? Who was involved? How did her brother get mixed up in all of this?

All this thinking had given her a headache, making her massage her temple to try to somewhat ease and halt her mind.

She quickly exited the program and switched off the computer.

Calla sat back, going over what she had to do next. She checked the clock behind her on the wall. It was only a few minutes after noon, she had an ample amount of time to go to the Murphy building and find another address to the number Paris called her from.

Or maybe she'll find him there.

So many possibilities ran through her mind before she finally settled on one.

She was going to look for another piece of the missing puzzle.

***

Blake

The building was a masterpiece in itself; sleek tinted windows, modern tech and security, and high-rise views he was sure looked amazing at the top offices, it was nearly thirty stories tall by his guess.

He'd walked through the crowded streets near the Klark hotel before hailing a cab here. It was more convenient, and he didn't feel like walking for more than a few blocks. In any case, he had to hurry. There was only a half-hour left before the lunch hour was over and the employees would come back swarming in, making it more difficult to get in and out to find what he needed.

He wasn't entirely against the idea, he could use the challenge, but in the back of his mind, it was as if he could imagine Calla rolling her eyes at his antics. She preferred doing things the most convenient and efficient way, she hardly mixed business with pleasure.