Chapter 9- 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝗺𝗼𝐧 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝗼!

"It's like All-Might said... Giving help that's not asked for... is what makes a true hero!" - Midoriya Izuku
~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

     "That's the spirit, young Midoriya!"

I watched on from the sidelines as Izuku cleaned up the once glorious Takoba Municipal Beach. What was once a frequented public seashore was now a dumping ground for unwanted rubbish. I looked at dad as he leaped on a refrigerator Izuku was actively hauling. The said boy was drenched in sweat and displayed a weary expression on his features. This expression only seemed to grow as he felt the obvious addition of weight.

"A-All Might, you're too heavy to pull!"

For a split second, I could have sworn I detected a genuinely offended look flash in his eyes. Dad tsked, staring into the glimmering water by his side, and crossed his arms.

"I'll have you know I only weigh 560 pounds/ 255 kg in this form, which is all pure muscle, might I add!"

I rolled my eyes playfully as they began a good-natured banter between each other. I got up and dusted off the nonexistent dust on my navy-colored overalls.

"Hey, dad?"

He nodded in my direction, acknowledging me.

"I'm gonna go into town and get us some refreshments, is that ok?"

He jumped off the refrigerator and made his way towards me. Once he stood in front of me, he placed a sunhat sloppily on my head. I adjusted the hat until it sat comfortably on top of my scalp.

"Do you remember what I taught you?"

I nodded my head grudgingly and repeated what he drilled into my head as soon as I left the hospital.

"If you see danger, be a stranger. Then pull out your phone and call dad's number."

"That's my girl! Be safe and don't get yourself into any trouble!"

I lightly brushed his hand off my shoulder and made my way towards town. A cool breeze hit my slightly damp skin and served to cool me off as I got lost in my thoughts.

'Geez, I know dad means well but I can protect myself. I mean he can't always be there to save me, plus I want to be a hero. I'll have to face danger head-on someday.'

I inwardly cringed at the last thought that flashed across my consciousness. Even though that was the case, I was scared. After the encounter I had with the sludge monster, I had been more mindful of my surroundings. I then thought about what I heard when I was in my coma.

'"Shhh, M/N... it's ok. Our little girl finally gets t-to rest. She doesn't have to fight anymore... it's been fourteen years."'

'Did I die in the real world?'

I pondered on the thought and clenched my chunky hands. It seemed to be the only rational explanation to what I encountered. Still, it was a hard pill to swallow. It left me feeling somewhat guilty. Sure it hasn't exactly been a fairy tale, but I was with characters that I loved. Ones that made tears slow on days where the sun didn't shine as brightly as it should. While I was living in a dream, my parents cried over my motionless body for years.

'I'm so damn selfish.'

I frowned slightly, unclenching my hands.

*HONK!*

I shot my head up and looked around. My E/C orbs widen as I saw an old man in the street. A car was approaching faster than the old man could move. I hesitated momentarily but forced my legs to move forward. My breath caught in my throat as I just barely managed to grab the old man's wrinkly arm.

"Oh, dear!"

He stumbled into my shoulder as the car continued to drive down the street. I shook my head and looked down at the older gentleman, observing his features. His grey hair was gradually beginning to fall out and he had amber shaded orbs. Under his right eye, he had a mole.

"Are you ok, sir?"

I released my clammy hand off his arm as he began to nod. His thin lips twitched up slightly as he let out a chuckle.

"That could have been my ass! Hohoho, thank you, young lady."

My eyebrows raised slightly at his statement.

'For an old man, he sure is vulgar!'

His laughing was cut short as he looked over my shoulder. The man's eyes widen as he began to back away. After seeing his mood change, I looked behind me, searching the crowd of civilians for a threat. I turned back forwards, but the old man was already walking away.

"Sorry deary, but I gotta skedaddle! Take care of yer' self now! Hohoho!"

Just as I was about to call out to him a nurse ran past me, after the old man.

"Mr. Chimon, sir! Come back, please you have to take your medicine!"

All I could do was stare as I heard his laughter fade.

"What the fuck just happened?"

I blinked slowly and averted my attention to my hand. In the palm of my hand laid a card. I internally read the black print on the card.

'Chimon Eito, a patient at the Seaside Nursing Home. Room 213.'

"When did he slip this into my hand?" I mumbled to myself.

I continued to walk towards the convenience store and slipped the paper into my pocket. As I walked I replayed the latest encounter in my head over and over.

'What a strange man.'

~~~

     Huh, what a peculiar man... I have a feeling the reader will be seeing a lot of him. Anyway, I wanted to get this chapter out before my bday this Friday. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗI love you guys! - Fandom