Chapter 11- Plus Ultra Training!

"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" - Midoriya Izuku
~~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

"Drop and give me twenty, maggot hohoho!"

I huffed and wiped the sweat off my brow, following the instruction. Currently, I was training with my drill instructor. In other words, Mr. Chimon was essentially killing me with his training under the summer heat. He sat a few feet away from me on a lawn chair and under an umbrella. He occasionally sipped on his iced tea and barked orders at me. It was hell, but I needed to become stronger to pass the test to enter U.A.

As I was mid-push up, a thought came over me. What exactly was Mr. Chimon's quirk anyway? I peered at his wrinkly figure lounging on the lawn chair with curiosity. There was no physical oddity that I could see, nor was there any superhuman anything he revealed. As far as I'm concerned, his strength, speed, and other physical abilities were on the level of a human with training. Still, this is to be expected from a former pro.

"Mr. Chimon?"

I watched as he tipped his sunglasses down and lifted a brow at me.

"Call me Eito."

"Well, Eito, what exactly is your quirk?"

He began to smirk and reached into the cooler at his side. He fished inside the watery depths until he retrieved a water bottle. Eito closed his eyes and shifted his hand over the bottle. Suddenly, golden sparkles started to travel around the bottle and then faded into nothing. Once he finished, he held out the bottle to me.

"Here, drink this."

I eyed it hesitantly but went to grab it anyway. I twisted off the cap of the bottle and held it near my lips. Before I consumed the water, I wanted to be sure of something.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?"

Eito repositioned his spot and the chair and crossed his arms.

"Listen, kid, it's not poison if that's what you're asking. Plus, I like you. You've got spunk."

"Hmm, well... ok then."

With that, I tipped back my head and began chugging the icy water. I got halfway through the bottle before I put it down and stared at Eito. Nothing felt or tasted different.

"Are you sure this did anything?"

He just smirked once again and began counting down.

"3."

"Um, ok then."

"2."

"Wait, is this actual poison?"

"1."

"Do you know who my da- holy shit!"

My body suddenly felt super stimulated, and my aching bones were now fine. It was like electricity flowing through my veins. I held my chubby arms in front of me in awe. The tiny bruises I got from training earlier completely faded away. I shook my head in disbelief and looked over at a rather smug Eito.

"Ok, this is awesome, but I still don't understand. What is your quirk exactly?"

He leaned forward and beckoned me closer. I obeyed his order and leaned in a bit to catch what he said.

"My quirk is... Enchantment!"

"Enchantment? So you can essentially add buffs and things like that to stuff?"

"Precisely, hohoho!"

I leaned back and nodded. I was basically training under a Minecraft enchantment table, which was... interesting to say the least.

"Welp, training doesn't stop just yet! You had a water break, and now it's time for us to work on some combat."

"Ai, Ai captain!"

I changed my stance and furrowed my brows.

"Hit me with your best shot!"

~~~

It was around five pm when I finally arrived home after hours of training. My bones were back aching after the combat training with Eito. He still unmistakably had the majority of his strength left. The forming bruises scattered on my frame proved that much. As I made my way deeper into the house, I saw dad plating dinner.

"I'm back."

I sighed and plopped on a seat in the kitchen. Dad spun around with a kind smile on his face, his oversized white shirt twirling with him.

"Hey, kiddo, you look..."

"Rough? Tell me about it."

He laughed lightly and shook his head.

"I was going to say tired, but I guess you're somewhat right. So, tell me, where have you been sneaking off to? You use to spend time with young Midoriya and me."

"Well, I sort - of found myself a trainer."

He raised his bushy brows in shock and took a seat across from me. Once he processed what I said, he stared directly into my eyes with a prying stare.

"Oh. You know you could have asked me, right?"

"I know, dad. It's just that you've been busy, and I don't want to interfere with Izu's training. I mean... this all he's ever wanted. For his dream to be acknowledged by you."

Dad remained still for a while, thinking about his next move. I fiddled with my hands as I waited for him to respond. The sudden sound of him moving alerted me to his reached conclusion.

"I understand, but you know I'm here for you too. Forever," he leaned across the table and grabbed my hand, "and always." I concluded with a smile.

~~~

I already know what you guys are thinking, where is the action? Well, the next chapter will be about the entrance exams! As always, thanks for reading and I love you guys so much! ~ Fandom♡︎