Chapter 10- Y/N, The Apprentice!

Hohoho - Chimon Eito

~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

"Young Midoriya is doing a swell job! There is no doubt in my mind that he will make a fine hero someday."

I nodded in agreement at the statement. Dad was currently rambling on about whatever came to mind as he prepared breakfast. The scent of bacon and eggs wafted into my nostrils, causing my stomach to produce a growl.

"Someone's hungry."

I peeled my eyes away from the cooking bacon to meet dad's icy blue eyes. They scrunched up slightly as he sent a smile my way. I returned the gesture with a smile of my own.

"What can I say? Your cooking skills have improved over the years."

He hummed happily at my statement and resumed flipping the half-cooked bacon. While he proceeded with his cooking, I studied the window, or rather, what's outside it. In front of our house stood a towering tree with lush leaves sprouting from its branches. Its size provided a pleasant shade in the summertime and had become a hangout spot for me recently.

As I gazed out the window, I saw an older couple strolling down the street, hands intertwined. The sight brought a smile to my face and caused me to think back to Chimon Eito. He was a strange character, and I've been interested in visiting him. Today seemed like a perfect day to do so since Izuku and dad were going to train again. Which, if I might add, has been the only thing going on as of late.

"All done!"

I redirected my attention to dad as he set breakfast in front of me. I thanked him, and we began to eat in a peaceful silence.

~~~~

"I'm off! Are you accompanying me again today?"

I heard dad call out from the doorway as I settled on my bed. It sunk slightly at the action as it cushioned me.

"Not today. I'm going into town for a bit."

"Ok, just be careful."

I listened as the front door shut with a slight slam before I began searching the web. I moved the cursor over the search bar and typed in the name of the nursing home. I browsed through the various links until I found one that seemed relevant. I clicked on it, desiring to find the address. Once I uncovered the information, I made my way towards the door.

Strangely enough, I felt this meeting would lead to a lot more than I signed up for. Still, this experience was like a breath of fresh air for me. My routine finally had shaken up, and I couldn't repress the smile that surfaced on my face.

I walked casually, admiring my surroundings. The street was full of life as people made their way through the bustling city. Birds soared overhead and let their songs flow within the breeze that rustled the trees. The normalcy of the scene filled me with inner peace.

'I cherish times like these. There is nothing more beautiful than a world at peace.'

I clenched my fist and looked towards the heavens, observing the fluffy clouds.

'I promise that as a hero, I will fight tirelessly for more days like this. Fear and villains have no place in this world. I will surely create more beautiful days such as this one.'

I unclenched my hands and continued towards my destination. After a few more blocks, I arrived. In front of me stood a towering building with a modern design. I observed it momentarily before entering the building and approaching the front desk.

"Hello, I'm here to see Chimon Eito."

The receptionist flinched slightly at his name. An irked expression rose on her face as she gave me a visiting pass and told me the floor. I chose to overlook the action considering he did seem to be a troublemaker. As I was beginning to walk away, she called out to me. I turned to meet her steely gaze and nodded at her to speak.

"Oi! Can you make that troublemaker take his medicine? Maybe his first visitor in years can make him listen!"

'First visitor in years?'

I shook the thought from my head and assured her I would. I advanced towards the elevator and pressed 2. As the elevator ascended, I thought back to what she said. Just how long has he been here, and where had his family gone? I didn't have any more time to think on the matter as the doors opened.

"Room 213, room 213..."

I continuously muttered the number to ensure I wouldn't pass my destination. It didn't take long for me to find the said room. It was one of the last doors at the end of the hallway on the left. I knocked and waited for confirmation to enter. After of few moments of silence, I decided to enter, worried something had happened.

"Um, Mr. Chim-"

My rambling was cut short as I saw him sleeping. I approached his bed and sat on the chair nearby. I glanced at his face as I heard him shift.

"Woah!"

I exclaimed as his eye shot open and met mine. The chair I was sitting on scooted back at my sudden movement. He laughed loudly at my bewildered expression and began to sit up.

"Hohoho! Sorry, deary! I thought you were one of those nurses. Now back to business!"

I watched on as he started to pull a long rope made of socks from beneath the cover. He then started tying it around his slim waist and made his way towards me. After placing one end of the rope in my hand, he headed towards the window.

"Here ya go, and hold on tight now!"

"Wait, WAIT! You can't possibly be trying to do what I think you are!"

I tugged at the rope slightly to make some space between the window and him. He only resisted my tug and tried to jump out the window. I pulled harder at the rope and dragged him back to bed. I took advantage of the length of the rope and tied him to the bed. After tightening the knot, I looked up to see him giving me the stink eye. I gasped at the expression as he talked.

"Tch, my plan could have worked, ya know."

I shook my head at his antics.

"Sir, I mean this respectfully, but what the fuck. You could have died."

He hmphed at me and rolled his eyes. I heard him mutter something along the lines of, "Not if you held the rope."

"Why are you trying to break out anyway?"

He crossed his arms and met my eyes, a passion burning behind his.

"I gotta settle the score with my grandson. That little shit locked me in here and hasn't even come to visit. He thinks those monthly care packages replace his presence."

I nodded at his explanation but decided not to comment on it. It wasn't exactly my place to pass judgment on someone I haven't even met. His eyes seemed to light up as he thought of something. I gulped when a menacing expression overtook his annoyed one.

"I know! How about I train you, and then you kick his ass for me?"

I raised an eyebrow at his proposal and leaned back into my seat.

"Even if I did accept, how would you train me if you're stuck in here? Plus, what experience do you have?"

"Well, you could always accompany me out. I just need you to gain permission too. Hohoho, and I'll have you know I was quite a powerful hero back in the day. I don't expect a youngster like you to know."

Surprisingly, I actually begin to maul over his offer. I do need some training if I want to become a hero. If what he says is true, then this could be a good opportunity. I sighed and met his expecting gaze. A shit-eating grin made its way onto his face.

"Fine, if you train me... I'll kick his ass."

~~~~

Honestly, I'm down for the ride. 👁👄👁- Fandom