Chapter 7- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛

You're a wonderful friend, but that's why, if I keep following you, I will never grow. - Tenya Iida

~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

     The atmosphere was slightly tense. Only a few minutes prior, I talked Izuku out of suicide. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him clinging onto the rail. My blood ran cold as I thought about it. How did this happen? He never did it in the anime, so how could he now? He told me...no, he promised me he would never do it again. Despite what I saw, I believed him. Izuku sounded genuine and after what happened I decided to trust in him.

The said boy was walking to my left. He was still actively trying to dry his soaked notebook. Its pages were soggy and delicate, ready to fall apart at any moment. Izuku eyed it carefully while dabbing a crumpled tissue on the cover. He looked so innocent as if he forgot about the scene a few moments ago. I knew that this couldn't be it, however. A careful stare revealed his shaky hands and damp eyes. I looked away and began a conversation in hopes that I could cheer him up.

"Hey, Izuku?"

A little grunt was heard in response.

"Knock, knock."

He looked up surprised but answered nonetheless.

"Who's there?"

I looked at him with a smile, ready to tell the dumbest joke I could muster.

"Doorbell repairman."

I burst out laughing at my terrible joke. Izuku cracked a smile and let out a chuckle. It was only when I snorted did he break out into full laughter as well. I cracked my eyes open and looked at him. His freckled cheeks gained a light red to them as he continued to laugh.

*Slush... Slush*

Our laughter was immediately silenced as we turned to address the sound. I stumbled back as my eyes widened. Before us was the Sludge monster that Izuku encountered in season one. Its emerald green body swayed as a gust of wind chilled its exterior.

I swallowed the growing lump in my throat and grabbed Izuku's hand, pulling him back. My feet dragged against the pavement as I glanced at Izuku. The said boy was peering at the monster with his mouth agape. I could sense he was trying to say something, but his fear prevented him from uttering a single word. 

'Dad should be here soon, but I still should be careful. It's obvious that I'm affecting the plot in some ways.'

Izuku grabbed my hand harder and moved to stand in front of me. He spread his arms out and turned his head to look at me.

"J-just stay behind me, Y/N. Whatever happens, I'll p-protect you!"

I shook my head and grabbed his shaking shoulder. A faint frown gathered at my eyebrows. He turned back to look at me after he felt my hand. Our E/C and green orbs clashed as I spoke.

"I already told you Izu,"

I moved to stand by his side as I spoke, hand still on his shoulder.

"I will never let you be my shield again."

My words came out stronger than I felt, which I was grateful for. His eyes widen slightly at my statement. After a moment a shaky smile found its way onto his face as he nodded.

A gurgled laugh came from the direction of the sludge monster. During our conversation, it moved closer. Its sludge dripped down from his face as it addressed us. The storm on my brow raged on as my eyes tunneled into the monsters. My heartbeat accelerated as its eyes shifted between Izuku and me.

"How cute. You two think you could challenge me?"

A twisted smile spread across its face as it sent an attack towards us. Izuku and I jumped to the side as it struck the place we stood moments before. My shoulder met the ground harshly whilst I rolled a few feet away from the monster.

'Fuck!'

I grabbed the shoulder that cushioned my fall. It throbbed painfully upon contact. I bit my lip to hold back the cry that was threatening to spill out. I tasted iron as I bit harder. Moisture gathered in my eyes as I looked at Izuku. He was already back on his feet and gawking at me with wide eyes.

"Are you ok, Iz-"

My words were cut short as a powerful force met my side.

"Gahh!"

My cries ringed out in the quiet street around us. I was airborne for a short moment before I met a concrete pillar. I could only gasp for the air that was so harshly ripped out of my lungs. Blood flowed out the corner of my mouth and painted my face a dark crimson.

I watched with half-lidded eyes as Izuku cried out my name. He reached a pale hand towards me but stood in place, fear evident in his stature. His voice was muffled as I began to lose consciousness. My vision started to wane as another voice invaded my ears.

"Everything will be ok... because I am here!"

'Dad.'

I let the heaviness of my eyes win as I slipped away into unconsciousness.
~~~~

I finally updated and it only took a few months.(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ In all seriousness thank you for reading and I love you! - Fandom