Chapter 6- 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆

"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines!" – Izuku Midoriya
~~~
(Reader P.OV)

Adrenaline pulsed throughout my body as I ran to reach the rooftop in time. My heart was practically beating out my chest. I slowed momentarily as I made it to the roof's entrance.

"Izuku!"

The said boy was on the other side of the rails, his clammy hands gripped onto the bar. Upon hearing his name his body stiffened.

"Y/N! I didn't want y-you to see this."

My shaking legs gave way as I held my hands to my chest. My voice was barely above a whisper as I spoke.

"W-what are you doing? Come back here, please!"

"I can't... don't you see, Y/N. The world would be better if people like me didn't even exist!"

He looked over his shoulder, exposing his tearful face to me. I could have sworn my heart stopped beating that very second. He looked so broken, so empty. I regained my composure and looked at his sweat drenched face.

"Don't say that! Think about how Inko and I would feel. I need my best friend... and she needs her son. Izu, please... don't leave us alone."

I got up and took a few steps forward. My body was slightly swaying as I made my way to him.

"I know I've been a terrible friend, Izuku! I should have helped you more, been there more."

I could hear sobs come from the boy. His eyes were closed tightly as he listened.

"But I'm here now. I'll never l-leave you alone again. I've been so selfish... all these years I let you be my shield. I always looked up to you, Izuku. Even when you're scared, you fight for what you believe in."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and continued.

"Heros don't need to have quirks, Izuku. Don't you see? Every time you helped me, stood up for me and others... you were being a hero! Don't sell yourself short, because not everybody would do the things you would do. So please, please, will you come back to me?"

He nodded shakily and turned around. I waited patiently until he was fully on the other side of the railing to hug him.

His flushed face was pushed into the nook of my neck as I held him. I could feel his tears soak in the collar of my jacket.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll never do it again,"

His cloudy eyes looked into mine as he gripped onto my hands.

"I promise."

I nodded and pulled him back into a hug.

"I promise that I'll always stick by your side. From today onwards, I'll never let you be my shield again."

~~~~
Izuku... you are not alone! That's also includes everyone reading this. If no one has told you today, I love you! -Fandom