Chapter 21: THINKING

Audio titled: SLOW MOTION

Warning: Lemon ahead. 😆

Chapter
XXI
Thinking

***

After a moment, Wu Xie grinned and, catching the hem, raised his arms into the air. "You say that like I might have forgotten what we're doing here."

Zhang Qi Ling watched the play of muscles under Wu Xie's skin, over his chest, and down his arms. His hair stood in all directions, catching the light, and curling around his ears and the back of his neck. "Oh," Zhang Qi Ling breathed and then his eyes snapped back to Wu Xie's face, the amused chuckle filling the air.

"Wow, did the 'oh' sound as ridiculous when I said it?" Wu Xie asked and tossed his t-shirt in the general direction of his hoodie. "Not that I'm complaining over the reaction, of course," he continued with a cocky smirk.

If Zhang Qi Ling was going to respond, and the sharp narrowing of his eyes was an indication that he might, all thought was pushed aside when Wu Xie's thumbs slipped under the elastic of his sweats. Zhang Qi Ling took a step forward, his fingers working on the loose tie of his own pants and any lingering amusement on Wu Xie's face was washed away by a wave of something hotter and more urgent. Zhang Qi Ling doubted his own expression differed in the slightest.

Zhang Qi Ling'e eyes dipped down, following the slimming of Wu Xie's broad chest into narrow hips and without a word, Wu Xie pushed his sweats down. Smooth skin brushed with dark brown hair led lower...

Zhang Qi Ling looked back up and pushed his own pants down, kicking them carelessly to the sides as he moved the last step into Wu Xie's space. Never breaking eye contact, he brushed the pads of his fingers feather soft over Wu Xie's stomach and before sitting on the edge of the bed.

Wu Xie stood with his back to him, taking several smooth breaths, and then turned. He moved forward slowly, closing the small gap between them, and Zhang Qi Ling spread his legs as Wu Xie settled between still standing. Even without watching, Zhang Qi Ling knew Wu Xie's eyes raked over his naked body and he struggled not to shift under that intense gaze.

Like a predator, silent and determined, Wu Xie moved his knee to the bed between Zhang Qi Ling's legs. Carefully, Wu Xie moved until he was straddling Zhang Qi Ling's hips, his own legs and arms wide so that their skin didn't so much as brush.

And then he stopped and stared down at Zhang Qi Ling as if he'd never expected or seen something so captivating.

"Wu Xie," Zhang Qi Ling said gently, his own hands fisted next to his head, wanting so badly to touch but waiting. All he ever did was wait...

Wu Xie smiled and leaned forward until Zhang Qi Ling could feel his breath against his face "Don't kill me," he whispered.

Something inside Zhang Qi Ling coiled so tightly he had close his eyes against the sharp pull. After this moment there would be no turning back. If he wanted to stop, to go back to what he knew... all that he ever knew... this was the only opportunity he would have. It was a choice. His choice. Oh god.

He opened his eyes, immediately regretting closing them when he saw that a concerned frown had replace Wu Xie's beautiful smile, and he sighed. "Don't die."

He didn't give Wu Xie a chance to reply and instead reached up with both of his hands, burying his fingers into Wu Xie's soft hair. He pulled him down until their bodies aligned and captured Wu Xie's lips with his own.

Wu Xie's fingers cupped the side of his face and his tongue swept over Zhang Qi Ling's lower lip. Zhang Qi Ling parted his lips, deepening the kiss, and pressing his hips solidly against the warm body above him. He moaned and felt Wu Xie's fingers trembling against his face. He pressed his head back into the bed far enough that he could softly bit Wu Xie's lip. With one hand still buried in Wu Xie's hair, he pressed his other hand against his chest and rolled until they both lay on their sides facing each other.