Chapter 4: "Hula Hoops"

"Raven." The blonde girl replied.

"Hank." The nerdy guy spoke.

"Darwin." The African American guy smiled.

"Angel" The Hispanic girl had a tight-lipped smile.

"Sean" The redhead winked.

"Alex" The blonde one raised his beer.

"So you another mutant?" Ali raised her eyebrow at the redhead. "Right, dumb question."

"Come sit." Raven moved closer to Hank to make room. She allowed herself a small smile as she sat down. Raven grabbed her arm and exposed the sleeve. She tried to slap her arm away, but she had a tight grip. "Woah, cool tattoo."

Ali was grateful that the other lines weren't noticed. "Yeah, I got it done at a shady place."

"What does it turn into birds or something?" Alex smirked.

"No, why would they do that?" Ali snapped.

Alex raised his hands up. "Alright, just asking."

"Okay, then." Ali rummaged through her bag before finding a carton of cigarettes. She pulled out a lighter and lit one. She could see Alex was looking at her. "What?"

Alex pointed to her cigarette. She scoffed and lit another, handing it to Alex.

"There any alcohol here?" Ali asked. The nerdy one looked livid.

"Ignoring your blatant refusal to take care of your lungs-" Ali snickered at his expression. "You're like what, 18?"

"Seventeen." Ali smirked. "Don't mind if I do." She grabbed an unopened bottle on the table and took a sip.

"That is illegal!! Both drinking and smoking."

"Aww, lighten up, Bozo." Alex snickered. "I do both of those things and no one is complaining."

"You're seventeen too?!" Hank was on the verge of tears. "You three-" He pointed toward Alex, Sean and Ali, "are going to kill yourselves."

"And when I do, you can march up toward my deadass body and say I-told-you-so, but that hasn't happened, so can I drink in peace?" Ali took another smoke.

"I give up." Hank adjusted his glasses.

"We should think of code names. We're government agents now, we should have code names." Raven spoke excitedly. "I wanna be called Mystique."

"Seems fair." Ali smirked.

"Damn, I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean pouted, making everyone snicker.

"Well, too bad." Blue scales slipped over her body, turning her into Sean. Ali jumped, almost spilling her beer over Alex. "And I'm way more mysterious than you." Raven spoke in Sean's voice. Sean's face was pale before he started clapping with everyone else.

"What about you?" Ali took another sip, draining the beer.

"Well, Darwin's already a nickname. And it fits you know. Adapt to survive and all. Watch." Darwin walked up to the tank and stuck his head in. Immediately gills formed around his head. He turned to face everyone applauding. He took his head out and shook out the water.

"Got to hand it to you, that was both cool and makes me want to throw up." Ali took another sip.

"That could be the beer." Angel smirked.

"Possibly." Ali interrupted Hank. "That does not mean I will stop drinking."

"Sean?" Raven asked.