t w e l v e

amelia woke up the next morning, which happened to be a saturday, on her own bed. she groaned, rubbing her eyes and sat up confused, she didn't remember falling asleep in bed.

"dad carried you up" luke answered the unasked question

amelia jumped slightly "did you stay all night?"

"yeah" luke rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly "i didn't want to leave you, i was worried. i wanted to have a clear understanding of how you were before i went back to see julie"

"how i am?" amelia questioned "oh right you mean about how my heart was stomped on and the only boy i ever loved hurt me"

"yeah" luke said slowly

amelia shrugged "i don't know, i'm gonna stay in here all weekend, maybe cry a little, maybe write some sad songs and just process stuff. tell julie i'll see her on monday"

"are you sure you're okay?" luke asked

"i'll be fine, promise" amelia smiled slightly before pulling the quilt over her head again

luke hesitated before poofing out of the bedroom, leaving his sister behind.

~*•*~

he landed on the couch of the studio, finding alex pacing the studio and reggie sat on the chair, julie was also pacing and giving alex a run for his money.

"luke!" everyone yelled when the noticed him

"where were you man, we were worried?" reggie asked

"i went to check on lia, she was pretty hurt" luke explained

"is she okay?" julie asked

luke hesitated for a moment "honestly? i don't think so, she hasn't processed it. she spent the night laid on the couch with our parents, while they told her stories about me, she seemed to cheer up a bit but when she woke up this morning she seemed fragile again"

"should i go visit her?" julie asked

"she told me she plans on spending the day crying, writing sad songs and staying in bed, but she told me to tell you that she'd see you on monday" luke explained

"i still think we should haunt his ass" reggie grumbled

"he deserves it, but it risks exposing you guys, we can't do that" julie explained "how about we write some new songs for that band, take our minds off it"

an hour passed, julie and luke started writing songs, while alex disappeared to go and see willie again. reggie watched as they giggled together and smiled slightly at the scene.

"what about this 'we all make mistakes, but they're just stepping stones?' maybe?" luke suggested

"yes! that's perfect" luke grinned

reggie stood up after watching them stare into each other's eyes "i'll be back later" he said before poofing out

~*•*~

amelia was under her covers with her songbook and pencil, jotting down whatever came to mind, when she heard the familiar sound of poofing. "luke i told you to leave me alone"

"i'm not luke" reggie's voice startled her as she pulled the duvet from her head

"oh hi reggie" she smiled slightly

reggie didn't miss the puffiness of her cheeks or her bloodshot eyes, but chose not to mention it.

"what are you doing here?" she asked sitting up  slightly and allowing reggie to sit beside her