Chapter 2

Divya

I'm staying at Amaya's home for the past 3 days. I never met her grandparents before, so I was really scared that they would judge me and think bad about me.

When I came here it was completely the opposite of what I imagined it to be, grandma and grandpa were really sweet. Amaya's grandpa doesn't talk a lot but he told me that he will take care of me and would never let them come and take me away against my wishes, his words gave me comfort. I wish heard that from my parents instead of him, my life would've been different if my parents trusted me more than a random stranger they got to me in the name of a Son-In-Law.

I wish my grandpa was alive, My paternal grandpa died within a month of Ram Uncle's death. I was 5 at the time, I remember him vaguely but Sharmila Akka remembers him.

I don't know what I should do with my life, do I have a purpose? I did everything my parents asked me to, but now that I took the major decision of running away from them. What do I do? All this new independence and freedom is killing me.

 All my decisions and my life were planned by my parents but now it's all in my hands. This is so overwhelming, I'm a freaking 26-year-old now and I don't have direction in life, Did I do a mistake leaving Jay and running away from everything?

I felt someone wave their hands in front of me to get my attention and I looked at them to find who that is.

"Divya! I've been calling you for the last 5 minutes. Are you okay?" Amaya asked me with so much concern.

"Thank you so much Ammu! I don't know what I would do without your help." I thanked her feeling grateful for her presence in my life.

"Don't say thank you, you would do the same for me if I ever wanna leave Jameson right?" She said hugging me and brushing the tears off my face.

"WHAT! Why would you leave me?" Jameson's voice echoed through the hall. I smiled at his reaction.

"It's hypothetical and I will kill you if you leave me again." She scared him while he came and sat beside her.

"I'll help you, Ames, let me know if you wanna run away from this Idiot. We could elope together." Andrew said winking at Amaya settling on the couch before of us.

This is what they do, Andrew and Amaya gang up on Jameson and make him angry and piss him off.

"Don't worry Jamie. I will tie her down and drug her till you come back." I supported Jameson, he smiled at me.

"Thank you, Divya! You are my best friend from this moment, Unlike someone who always sides with my girlfriend." Jameson snickered at them.

I looked at Andrew who has a smile on his face and is staring at me. I immediately averted my eyes away and looked at Amaya who looks shocked and surprised at my comment.

"Hey! You are my sister, not his. You better support me." Amaya said to me with a cute pout.

I just smiled at her, she is 2 years younger than me and she acts more like a kid than everyone I know.

"You took Andrew from me, so I'm taking Divya, That's a fair deal right?" Jameson announced pulling Amaya into his lap.

They are such a cute couple, I wish I had a life like hers. Jameson's phone rang and Amaya went out with him for a better signal to talk to his parents. It's just Andrew and me now.