Chapter 20

Andrew

I looked at her as she finished telling me about her past. Her eyes dried up, there were no tears left for her to shed.

I want to kill everyone that hurt her. I will make them pay for hurting her, that small span with him broke her and it took more than 1 year to get her back to normal.

I remember her crying sitting all alone when she first came here, I asked Dru to stay with her every single minute and never leave her if he is at home as Amaya was in India.

I updated Amaya on Divya who made her meet Laura. After meeting with Laura, I noticed small changes in her. She stopped crying, started to care for herself and Amar who was in her stomach. And then Amaya came back, and lived with Divya for months till she recovered even though she was married to Jameson. I used to go meet her daily, take her out, divert her with studies and did the best I could do to help her.

Those days were really hard, it's not easy to see your loved one in pain.

She was sitting far away from me and I didn't like it, so I scooted closer to her as she was lost somewhere.

"Divya! Look at me." I said holding her by her chin and gently made her face me.

"I am sorry that somebody you loved and trusted made you think that it's hard to love you."

To be honest, I didn't want to talk her about her past and make her think about it. Sometimes you just have to hear that people love you, you need assurance that they will be there no matter what and I can tell her thousand times that I love her and never get tired of it.

"I don't know how to show it you, but listen to me. I am going to love you all the time. I will love you in your weakest and your strongest moments. I will love you when you are sad and even when you are happy. I will always want you no matter what. I love each and every piece of you Divya.I love your imperfections as much as your perfections. I am here right beside you, So don't believe otherwise." I said and she hugged me like I was the last thing in the world.

I hugged her back because I know she is my world.

"Stop thinking about it Divya! you are safe now. You are with people who accept you for who you are. Everyone here loves you Divya and you know it." I stated and kissed on her head.

"I am safe and happy as long as you are holding me, just keep loving me and don't let me go." She whispered and snuggled closer.

"Please! don't ever leave me." She mumbled.

"Just think twice before asking me anything. I am really hard to get rid off. Jameson helped me once when I was in school and now he is stuck with me forever. I mean look at me, I know I am a hot package and all but I can't cook, I can't eat white foods, I can't say no to Amar and most of all I can't stop loving this girl who's hugging me." I said to her and she smiled and hit me on my chest.

"I am going to take back whatever I said, I don't want you anymore" She said looking at my face with her swollen brown eyes threatening me.

"Hey! There are no backsies! You said I love you and now I'm going to hang on to you like leech." I told her and kissed her on the forehead while she kept smiling.

"You are a moron ."

"Now, I am a moron you love and you can't take back whatever you said last night too." I said back while she smiled and pulled me back into her hug.

"I hate you!" She whispered hitting me with her small fingers.

"I love you too!"I said and made the hug tighter.