Chapter 27

Divya

Andrew dropped me off at the hospital 10 min ago and I have been in call with Amaya ever since. She is really worried for me, but I just don't want to put more pressure on her, she has a court date next month on adoption for all 3 of them.

"Ha, Ammu! Every thing went great. Don't worry about me and work on the adoption papers. Take care of the adoption first." I said cutting the call.

I hope court approves it, they all deserve happiness in life.The another reason she couldn't come is because Jay filed a restraining order against Amaya.

Ever since I saw Jay here life has been hard. Why is he hell bent on ruining my life and the people around me.

Amaya went to Jail because of me and Amar, yet no one said a word to me. They started treating me like a glass doll which is about to break. I feel guilty for putting all of them through so much trouble.

When will my sorrow come to an end?

And on top of that my father is here. He looked at me with the same disgust he showed me when I told him about Jay abusing me. I never thought how his presence would effect me, but it did. I will always be that little girl trying to impress my parents, no matter how much I deny it.

I walked into my office and sat on my chair looking at the patient file. I know how to do a gall bladder removal surgery like the back of my hand. If it was complicated surgery, I don't have the mind to do it. I sighed in disappointment at my pathetic life and picked up the phone to call Valerie.

"Is the surgery room ready Val?"I asked Valerie on the phone.

"Yes! Dr.D. The anesthesiologist is in here right now. You can come in 5 and start." She replied and I went in and changed back into my scrubs.

After performing the surgery which took a good 1hour and 35 minutes with Valerie, Chaya and Mark.

I felt good. My job makes me feel better about myself. I walked up to the patients family and told them that everything went well and the patient will wake up soon.

I changed into my clothes from scrubs and went back to my office, when I was finishing my report on the surgery I performed Becky knocked on my door with a news that gave me chills.

"Divya! There is man at the help desk claiming to be your father. The security wants you to confirm and let them know if you would like to meet him." She said showing me the live feed of my father talking to the head of security Josh on her tab.

My father is here, looking at him there made my heart race and sent chills all over my body.

My father is here to meet me. Maybe I was wrong, he is proud of me and wants to know how I am doing. That's why he should be here right?

"Send him in Becky! That's my father." I told her with a happy smile on my face and she walked out.

My father never visited me at work when I was in India and I have to show him, that his daughter is a really good doctor, I have to make him proud.

I cleaned up the room as fast as I could, adjusted my dress and put on my white coat and waited for him to knock the door with a smile on my face.

"This is Dr.D's office. You have a great daughter sir. She is my favorite! See you later Dr.D." The security guard Josh said to my dad and he nodded curtly.

"Thank you Josh! Take care." I said to him and closed the door.

My father stood there and looked around my office while I kept staring at him waiting for him speak out.