Chapter 5

Andrew

"What do you want now?" I asked my father as soon as I picked up that call.

"Well, hello to you son! I want you to come back to New York. It's your sister's 10th birthday."  He asked me.

That's a first for my father, he is calling me to attend a birthday party.

My relationship with my father is holding on to the last string, He calls me when he needs a son to show the world. Other than that he doesn't care if am drowning in a pit or dying on the road.

"I have work to do and I don't have a sister. All I had was my mother and she died. I don't care about your family." I said to him and he went numb. He deserves it.

"If you don't have anything to say, Goodbye Father." I snarled and cut the call.

Just when I thought I was having a good day, the thought of my father makes me furious. I threw the vase to the wall not able to hold the anger.

Theresa our secretary and Jameson came and opened the door after the loud bang.

 The moment Jameson saw my face, I guess he understood my problem. He sent Theresa away to get a Janitor to clean up the mess. He walked into the room, pulled the chair and sat beside me.

"Relax Andy! Don't think about him." He told me.

Jameson, Ana, and Shaurya were with me when the whole world thought I was nothing but a bag of scum. They helped me become the man I am today. Jameson is the reason I'm still alive and breathing. He is the family I chose not the one I was born into.

"I'm sorry! It's just he called me to attend her daughter's birthday and I couldn't take it." I explained the reason behind my behavior.

"It's okay, ignore him. Calm down!" He said in a worried tone.

"You send Hannah birthday presents every year. You love that girl, Why not just go and visit? I know your anger towards your father doesn't redirect it to her. She is a small child." Jameson said.

Hannah my step-sister is not the victim here, if my father didn't ask me I would have gone. But now that he did I'm not going there for sure. I told myself that I should hate Hannah and his wife but I couldn't do that.

"Speaking of kids, how are you doing?" I asked him about his new position as a dad.

One day Jameson told me that he is planning to take Amaya to Greece and the next day he came back with 3 kids. When I asked him if he is ready to be a father he said you should have seen the look on Amaya's face when she was with them, I didn't see her that happy in the past few months. If they make her happy then I'm ready to be a father. I will do anything for her.

I knew he loved Amy but adopting three kids overnight just to make her happy was the epitome of it. I'm happy for Jameson and Amaya, they are my best friends and family.

"Ahh! Danny came down with a fever last night. You know Amaya, she was with him all night and now she is infected too. I dropped Elena and Alex at Mom's."  He said in a thoughtful full low tone.

"I'll drop by around 5 and meet her. How's Danny doing now?" I asked him.

"He is a bit better but I'm worried about Maya. She wouldn't let me and the kids near her saying that we would be infected. She locked herself in a room with Danny. She loves them too much, Elena is having a hard time accepting Amaya and Alex is not leaving her at all. What if the court doesn't approve the adoption, she will be devastated and I can't see her like that." He sighed in frustration.

My White Knight ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara