Chapter 26

Andrew

"I told you that I need to talk to him personally." She told her father sternly and he as usual glared at her and left us alone.

Divya came to me, held my hand and started dragging me into her room. I couldn't fathom what's going on here.

She locked the door and turned towards me.

"Amar and me are going back to India." She announced and took Amar from my hands.

"Can I come with you?" I asked her.

"No, my father promised me that he would take care of me from now on." She replied looking everywhere but me.

Her father says and she is ready to leave me.

What about us? What about her love for me? Is that not strong enough to make her stay with me? Why would she leave me? Am I not worthy enough for her love?

"Please don't ask me anymore questions on this. You always respect my decision and this is my decision to leave." She said to me and started packing her bags.

I did respect her decisions always, but she is asking me to break my own heart. She is my solace and she is asking me push myself into the same old agony.

Am I willing to do that for her?

"Can you tell Amaya and all others that I am sorry that I'm leaving without informing them. I sent the resignation letter and also sell my house, car and everything else." She said to me mechanically shoving everything within eyesight in her bags.

"Mama, I'm not coming. I am staying with Andrew." Amar ran to me wiggling himself out of her hold..

"Amar, Don't make me mad. You won't be staying here. We are going to grandpa's house." Divya said to him with anger seething, she was never this mad at Amar.

"He is not my grandpa, Shaurya, Harish and Theo are. I am not going, I am not going, I am not going, I am not going......"Amar started chanting profusely holding me.

"SHUT UP AMAR! I SAID WE ARE GOING AND THAT'S FINAL. Go and pack your bags." She yelled at him throwing the clothes in her hand on us while he flinched at her actions and clutched me stronger.

What is wrong with her?

I get it she is frustrated but she can't do this to Amar. I have to knock some sense into her.

"Divya! Stop yelling at him. What is wrong with you?  He is just a small child, and he is scared. You are taking him to the person who hurt him Divya. Who wouldn't be scared? I suggest you direct you anger elsewhere." I told her while Amar started crying again.

I looked at her face, to find a change in emotion, but there was none.

Where is my Divya? The one I love and the one that loves me. What happened to her?

"Don't tell me how to treat my son. And it's because of your pampering he is like this. I know what's good for my son." She said and snatched Amar away from me.

She snapped my heart like a twig every time she said my son.

I stood still feeling paralyzed not able move or give her a reply. Amar's hysterical cries filled the room making my heart break. I feel like she stabbed me with a knife and kept twisting it again and again till I bled out.

Her words are hurting me physically and emotionally.

"If you knew what's good for him and you, you wouldn't be hurting everyone like this." I hissed at her, took Amar and placed him on the bed.