Chapter 16

Andrew

Divya stood there talking to my father and Madeline for the last 5 minutes while I stood still and quietly looked around. I couldn't leave the spot because of 2 reasons, Divya is holding my hand, and the second one being I didn't want to leave her alone with my father. 

When will this stupid interaction end, I groaned in frustration earning glares from Divya.

"Hello Sir, Hello Madeline," said my savior, Jameson coming towards us with Amaya giving a look that said I-got-you-man.

Looking at him just gave me a sense of relief.

Jameson is in a black suit and Amaya is wearing a black sequin gown holding a silver clutch, looking as uncomfortable as ever. 

They are looking like a power couple. I can tell her by her looks that Jameson made her get ready like this.

"Hello! Jameson and Amy, My favorite couple." My dad grinned and gave Jameson a hug.

Jameson gets a hug, but all I get is a snide remark.

"Hello Theo, Madeline you look a million bucks. And look at my beautiful cousin shining like a freaking full moon." Amaya said to them and pulled Divya to her side away from me. 

Jameson gave them a small smile looking at Amaya blabbering with Divya:

Jameson and Amaya are two people you never imagined together. Amaya is loud-mouthed, free-spirited, and clumsy as fuck on the other hand Jameson is uptight, always reserved, and really serious. They are a bizarre combination of fries and Vanilla Milkshake but so good together.

"Congratulations on the new branch!" My father told Jameson handing him a drink.

That new branch is mine too, why couldn't he say that to me?

"It's all Andrew sir, I was busy with other work," Jameson told my father and he looked at me with an awkward tight-lipped smile.

Amaya looked at me and my father, my best friend knew I was hurt by my father's actions. So, she saved me with her words making everyone go away.

"I don't want to talk to guys anymore. We can talk later at home, let's go mingle. I saw Avicii and so many people on the way here. I'm so excited to meet them. Scatter people! Shoo! Shoo!" She said with excitement and giggling like a little girl.

Everyone laughed at her words, and bid each other byes.

Father and Madeline left to talk to others.

"Maya! Please don't get a restraining order from anyone and come back fast." Jameson pleaded and gave her a small peck on the lips.

And as usual, she ignored his words pulling Divya along with her vanishing into the crowd.

"I wish I had a drink and forget whatever happened!" I told Jameson with a sigh.

"He didn't know man, you should forgive him. The more you carry it with you the more it hurts."

"This Amaya is going to be the death of me." He said looking for her through the crowd as we heard her shriek. 

Jameson went to look for her and I had to interact with all the others at the party.

I met all my previous co-workers, and some business associates with my eyes on Divya who talked to Paul Walker, Avicii, Vince and so many other people from the fast and furious franchise. Maybe she likes those movies too much.

"I saw the news, great achievements, Your mom would've been so proud of the man you've become. " Uncle Patrick said patting my back with pride.