Newt - Long Overdue

Okay, I've been thinking this one over for ages. So here you go. --A.

_-_-_-_-_

It was dark, and something was lurching you upwards. That's all you knew. You tried to think back to how you'd gotten in this metal death-trap, or any aspect of your life before this, but nothing came to you. You couldn't even remember your own name. (Y/n). The word somehow came to mind, and you figured out that it was your name. (Y/n). Cool. You tried to stand up to look around, trying to figure out a way to get out, but the speed it was going up at sent you back to your feet.

Just as you thought that the elevator of sorts wasn't going to stop, you begin to see light. "Help!" you scream at the top of your lungs. "Someone! Help me!"

You try standing again, as the elevator was slowing down, but the sudden stop sent you sprawling back to your feet. Someone reaches down and opens the top hatch, jumping down. You push yourself backwards, trying to keep your distance, but the person crouched down in front of you, holding his hand out. Now that the sun spilled over his features, you could see what he looked like: dirty blonde hair, light skin, square jaw, and brown eyes that flecked gold in the sunlight.

"There, there," he says in a thick, unrecognizable accent. "I'm not gonna hurt you. Just gonna help." You can hear the kindness in his words.

As you reach out and take his hand, you hear a chorus of awed voices coming from above the box.

"It's a shucking girl!"

"I call dibs."

"Dude, is she even hot?"

"It's a girl, shuckface. Of course she's hot."

The boy helps you up, and pulls you over to a rope that one of the guys aboveground had sent down. He gestures towards it. "Ladies first," he says.

You shake your head, glancing anxiously at the captors above. "Nope, it's alright."

He leans in, and grabs your waist, pulling you up with him. You shriek, holding on for dear life, and once you get up to the surface, he sets you down gently. "Don't worry," he whispers. He then turns to the rest of the boys who had crowded around you, shouting, "Alby isn't here at the moment, but as second-in-command, I swear, if anyone lays a bloody finger on her, they will be tossed down the Cliff myself. Is that clear?"

A bunch of 'yes's and 'whatever's sounded, and the blonde boy nodded. "Good that. Now get to work, all of you lot."

The crowd dispersed except for two boys who seemed about your age. One of them was distinctly Asian, and had black hair and a well-built shape. The other boy was tall, and had an air of curiosity surrounding him.

The tall boy walks over to you, and extends his hand for you to shake. "I'm Thomas. I was the new greenie for two weeks, until you got here. You'll be fine, don't worry. What's your name?"

You take a shaky breath, and shake his hand. "(Y/n)," you say.

He smiles, and nods towards the Asian boy. "That right there is Minho. He's one of the runners, who go ou--"

The boy - Thomas - is cut off by Minho. "How about I explain it to the shank?" He asks, walking towards you. Something about his presence scares you just a bit, and you shrink back into the blonde boy - who you notice still hasn't told you his name.

The blonde boy rests a hand on your shoulder, and says, "Minho. Lay off a bit, won't you?"

Minho shrugs. "The chick's with a group of guys, Newt. What are you expecting - they'll be at her feet?"