newt - scorch

soz for bein away so long, i had finals.  hope everyone else who had them did well, i think i did haha :))

lil newt one i'm currently making on the spot bc i don't remember the last i did that was good --mayaxx

~~~~

Walking through the desert that they were calling the Scorch was killing my legs. 

"We've been walking for hours," I gripe to Minho, who looks at me, out of breath from the distance we've walked yet still amused.

"Sorry, princess, we've still got a long ways to go."  He says. 

I stare at the two boys in front of us - Thomas and Newt were running ahead, while Minho was behind alongside me to make sure I didn't die in the walk. His words.  We're silent before I speak up again.  "What do you think is out there?"  I ask softly.

"I've got no idea.  But your boyfriend seems to think he's onto something," he says, smirking ad nodding towards Newt.

"Shut up," I say, rolling my eyes.  "Plus, he has a name.  You know, the one you never use?"

He grins cheekily at me.  "I know.  Just like pissing you off."

"Ugh, Minho, shut up."

**

After walking (and griping, not going to lie) for another hour and a half, we find another abandoned building and decide to set up camp for the night.  The lopsided building provided shelter, but not much heat - but really, at this point everyone was so tired that nobody bothered complaining.

I sigh, sitting against one of the walls and leaning my head back, closing my eyes.  The quiet chatter of the three other boys slowly died down, but right before I fell asleep, a hand covered my mouth.  My eyes widen quickly, but I stay quiet when I see Newt standing above me.  He nods towards a clearing in the building away from the other boys.

"Why do you hang out with him so much?"  He hisses once we're out of earshot of the boys.

I furrow my eyebrows.  "What?"

"Minho," he whispers pointedly.  "Why not stay with your actual boyfriend?"

He scowls as I stay silent for a moment.  "Minho," I start slowly, "is literally just a brother to me, Newt.  Why would you even think that--"

"Because clearly it looks like you love him a lot more than you love me!"  He finishes, and storms back to the area we were sleeping in. 

I sigh, turning away and rubbing my face.  Honestly...  I stay there for a while, glancing out at the horizon.  When I turn back around the corner, I glance at Newt, who was lying down on his back, staring up at the same stars that I was looking at just moments ago before closing his eyes with a deep sigh, placing his hands behind his head.

Stepping towards him quietly, I place one leg over his waist, sitting down so I was straddling him.  He opens his eyes, looking at me with a mixture of emotions written in his eyes.  "What?"  He asks quietly, not shifting from his position.

"I love you," I begin.

"I know."

"And there isn't a single guy here that can compare to you."  He begins to speak, but I cover his mouth.  "No, let me finish."  He nods behind my hand.  "Not Thomas, not Minho.  Neither of them are you."  I rest my palms flat on his chest.

He pauses for a moment, holding his breath, before letting it out.  "Don't be so close to him, then.  Honestly, I look at the two of you and it looks like you're dating, not us."  He says quietly.

I press my lips together.  "We're a couple, though.  Not me and Minho."

"Then walk with me tomorrow,"  He says, more of a question than a statement.

"Gladly," I murmur softly, and he pulls one of his hands away from behind his head, lacing our fingers.  I bend down, pressing my lips to his softly.  I feel him smile for the first time all day, and I pull back, grinning.  "So you do remember how to smile,"  I say, brushing my free hand over his cheek.

He chuckles, before pulling away slightly.  "Not here," he murmurs, kissing the corner of my mouth.  "Don't need the guys to hear."

I nod, shifting slightly to lie down with my head against his chest.  "Later though," I say, propping my chin up.

He looks down at me, before lying back down again.  I feel it vibrate through his chest as he laughs quietly.  "Yeah, love.  Later."

~~~

"i love you."  "i know."  oifidjbfdhsb after i typed it i realized it was leia and han and i just omg wait thomas as han solo???? brb i needa go see if there are any edits of that and if there aren't i'm gonna make some omfg --mayyaxx