TBS - The Interview

~~~~~~

You storm into your apartment, tossing the grocery bags carelessly onto the kitchen counter and wincing at the noise. Throwing off your jacket, you push it aside onto your bed, then push your hands through your hair. The job interview is tomorrow. It's just kicking in now.

Thomas walks into the room, pulling on a t-shirt hurriedly and awkwardly hopping towards you, with his vision partially obscured by the collar. "Are you alright?" He asks, confused as hell. Usually, you'd laugh about the sight, but right now, you were too stressed to care. Massive company. CEO. Interview tomorrow. Holy shit, what if I mess up?

You pace in front of the bed, walking back and forth quickly. Holding your hands out in front of you, you begin practising what you will say at the interview. "Okay. Hi, my name is (Y/f/n). I wanted this job because...wait, that isn't what I'm supposed to say, I need to introduce myself first, shit!" You mutter, and sigh, pushing your hair back again.

Thomas comes and sits on the edge of the bed, peering at you. "Is...everything alright, love?" He says, confused.

You shake your head. "Interview tomorrow morning, can't blank like I just did." You say.

He raises an eyebrow, leaning back on his hands. "You've practiced what you were going to say for almost a month. Relax, (Y/n)."

You scowl at him. "Don't patronize me right now, Sangster."

He raises his hands up in mock surrender, but sighs, saying, "Love, you need to relax. It's going to go fine, you know that. You've had everything prepared since you've gotten the call."

You shrug. "There's no harm in practising."

He forcefully grabs your hips, stopping you from pacing, and pulls you in between his legs. "You're going to have a stress attack."

You frown. "I don't even think those exist, Tommy."

He purses his lips. "Well, the way you're going at it, might as well make it a real thing," he says.

You slump against his shoulder, sighing. "I know. I'm sorry. I just really want this job."

He shifts, pulling your jean-clad legs on either side of him. Touching your cheek, he says, "Well, you're perfect for it. You're determined, manage your time, work wonders with a computer, and whenever you speak someone, you manage to blow them away. You're exactly what they need, and if they don't take you, then they've lost a potential employee of the year."

You smile tiredly. "I love you so much." You murmur.

He leans in, looking into your eyes as if he's searching for something he couldn't really find. Then, instead of kissing you like you thought he would, he hugs you tightly, his arms going around your waist. He lies back, both of you a tangle of limbs with your head against his chest. "I love you too." You hadn't realised how much you needed his comfort until he'd given it.

You move up, straddling his waist. "Thank you," you say softly, touching his cheek.

He grins, moving one of his hands into the back of your knee, right below your thigh. You bring your lips down to his, and his hand slowly moved up the back of your thigh - when he grabs your ass suddenly, you yelp against his lips, pulling away and smacking his chest lightly. He gives you a cheeky grin, bringing both arms around your waist again. "Anytime, love."

After laying there on top of him for who knows how long, you finally fall asleep, Thomas on your mind rather than the damned interview tomorrow.

~~~~~~