TBS - The Apartment

You groan, covering your face with the pillow next to you on the sofa, hoping it would muffle the angry shouts from next door.

"Well maybe, Thomas, if you'd listened--" the woman next door shouts (possibly for the fourth time that night. You couldn't recall the exact number of times she'd said it in the past three weeks - although it was likely in the hundreds.) The times I've lost sleep because of this damn woman...

You hear a door slam, and you decide to look outside to see if the coast was clear. Grabbing your glasses from the table in front of you, you stand, walking up to the door. Once you open it, you see a tall blond man standing against the wall, rubbing his face. When he looks up, you note that he has deep brown eyes, and a square jaw to fit. You raise your eyebrows. "Uh...hi," you say, waving politely. "Is everything alright?"

He nods. "Yeah, yeah, sorry about that...Y/n, right?"

You nod. "And you're Thomas?"

He smiles. "Thomas Brodie-Sangster, at your service." He says, doing a mock-bow.

You bite back a grin. "Have you been kicked out of your own apartment?" You ask, and when you see him nod, you nod towards yours. "You can stick around in mine for now. Want a drink?" You say, walking in to your apartment, hearing Thomas close the door behind you.

"That'd be nice," he says with a sigh. He perches onto a stool in front of your counter.

You lean down, opening your fridge and grabbing two bottles of beer. "So, what seems to be the problem?"

"She kicked me out - thanks," he says, taking one of the bottles from you. "It's been two months since we've moved in together, and all she's done is patronize me. By the way, how many nights have you been up because of us?"

You press your lips into a line, trying not to sound condescending. "Three weeks."

He sighs, rubbing his forehead. "Since you've moved in. Fuck, I'm so sorry." He says.

You shrug, opening your bottle. "What do you mean by patronize?" You say, anxious to change the subject.

"Well," he starts, "If you're friends with someone, you'd naturally invite them to your place, right?"

You nod. "Sure. My best friend's been over a bunch of times."

He nods. "Exactly. So when I called O'Brien - Dylan, he's pretty cool - over while she was out, she got home and flipped out."

You motion with your hands. "Continue."

He takes another sip before responding. "Keeps complaining about the money when I've got a job that pays up well."

You scoff. "Hoe. Wait, does she earn anything?"

He shakes his head. "Which is exactly why it pisses me off."

"She sounds controlling as fuck, too." You say, thinking out loud.

"Which is exactly why I'm leaving her." He says simply.

You raise your eyebrows. "Damn. Well, I'm sure you'll find someone better."

He smiles, taking another sip. "I might have already have."

~TWO YEARS LATER~

You push the scrambled eggs from side to side on the pan, waiting for them to finish cooking, when you feel two strong arms go around your waist. "Baby, the fact that you can get up and make breakfast at 8 in the morning after what we did last night makes me love you even more than I already do."

You lean your head back on Thomas's shoulder, smiling. "Good morning to you too," you murmur, and he leans down, kissing your forehead. You stand back up, grabbing two plates from the cupboard, and scooping the omelette into them. "Is Dyl still bringing lunch over?"

He nods. "He said something about a 'pizza day in' with him and Britt." You smile, catching a glimpse of the ring on your finger as you put the pan into the sink. A month after the two of you had first met, he'd asked you out, and since then have been together. You'd moved into a bigger place several months later, and he asked you to marry him two months ago. Plus, his friends weren't as bad as his ex made them out to be.

You turn, handing him a plate, and he smiles, brushing his lips over your forehead again. "Thanks."

You stand at the counter across from him, and he grins. "Two years ago, I never would have imagined this."

"What?" You asked, eating some of the eggs.

He sets down his fork, leaning over the kitchen island. "That the girl who offered me beer when I was kicked out of my apartment would end up being the girl I would marry."

You smile at him. "And I didn't think that the guy I didn't even know would end up in the same bed as me, to be honest."

He bursts out laughing. "Don't let that stop you," you say, pointing at his plate. "You can still kiss me."

He grins at you, scratching the back of his neck, before leaning forward and pressing his lips against yours.

~~~~~