tbs - late

~~~~

"That dress is a little risque for a wedding, isn't it, princess?"

I look down at my dark blue dress, glancing at the slit running up to my mid-thigh, before looking back up at him.  "I don't want to look like the bride," I say with a shrug, before looking back into the bathroom mirror, finishing with my makeup.  "Plus, Tom, I think it looks fine."

"You got me all wrong," he murmurs, coming up and standing behind me, wrapping an arm around my waist.  "You look hot."

"Look at yourself," I murmur, leaning forward slightly to grab a tube of lipstick.  "You look like you stepped off a runway."  I turn in his hold, looking him over with a smile.  "The blazer, buttondown, and of course, the jeans to wrap it up.  Ki's the groom but I feel like you look better anyway."

He laughs.  "Don't want to upstage the groom, now do I?"

I turn back around as he wraps his other arm around my waist, his chin settling on my shoulder as we watches me apply the lipstick.  After a few moments, I recap the tube, running a hand over my hair.  "Let's go, cute boy."

He grins, pulling away from me and walking out the bathroom and into the hallway.  "I still find that term rather endearing."

"What," I ask, "cute boy?"

"Yeah," he nods, slipping on a pair of sunglasses.  "I think it's sweet."

"Better than what I called you last night?" He glances at me in question.  "You know, when I called you d-"

He leans forward, pressing his lips quickly to mine.  "Cute boy is sweet, but what you called me last night was sexier than you could imagine.  So if you finish that sentence I guarantee that we're going to be late to Ki's wedding."

"-addy."  I raise an eyebrow in defiance.

His lips press into a thin line as he pushes his sunglasses up over his hair.  "Our lateness to this event is on you," and that's when he pulls me in, hands at my waist as he presses his lips firmly against mine.

**

"I cannot actually believe you made us late to this."  I glance at the mirror on the car's sun-protector, quickly reapplying my lipstick.

"You asked for it."  He shrugs nonchalantly, looking for a parking.

"Thomas."  I glare at him.  "How was I supposed to know a simple word would get you so worked up?  It wasn't all me, though, the fact that you had the top couple of buttons on your shirt undone made it seem like you wanted me to kiss you there."

"Which you did."

"Mhm," I murmur, popping my lips slightly as he pulls into a parking.  I watch as he pulls off his sunglasses, slipping them into his blazer's pocket.  "Come here a sec?" I ask.

He glances over at me, and I reach up, smoothing a few still-messed hairs into place.  "There," I murmur, my hand resting flat against his cheek.

He watches me for a moment, before leaning over, tucking a kiss to my cheek before pulling back.  "Okay, I'd tell you how great you are and how much I love you right here, right now if we weren't gonna be late.  But the event starts in fifteen minutes and Dylan is literally going to murder me for not being there for Ki on time."

"I love you too," I say, unclipping my belt and stepping out the door.  He glances at me, extending his arm with a lazy grin.  Taking it, we walk into the church, glancing around at the people walking around the pews and chatting quietly amongst themselves, sharing drinks and stories.  I can't help but feel like there are stares going around, and I glance up at Thomas.