𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞, 𝕚𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕪 - 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞, 𝕚𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕪

☺︎︎

the pair walked in silence for what felt like hours. fuckshit couldn't decipher whether it was the comfortable type or the uncomfortable type of silence, which obviously meant it was the latter.

jeslyn had managed to calm down a considerable amount. she didn't want to admit that fuckshit's presence contributed to that, but, it somehow did. maybe it wasn't fuckshit himself, just the fact that she actually had someone with her at all. she was going to go with that for the time being.

even if she wasn't bawling her eyes out anymore or shaking uncontrollably, she still wasn't completely over her breakdown. it was her mind that wouldn't stop. it was going a mile a minute, and she couldn't control it, even if she wanted to. and she did want to.

her thoughts mostly consisted of fuckshit.

she didn't know what it was about him that made her so drawn to him, and him, so drawn to her.
to anyone else they were polar opposites, other than their similar sense of style.

he was loud, outgoing. everyone knew him and if they didn't than they at least knew of him. he didn't seem to have a care in the world and he made sure it was known. he said what he wanted and he did what he wanted.

jeslyn couldn't be anymore different than him. and that was what she couldn't wrap her head around, hadn't been able to for days, not since the first time he'd spoken to her.

why did fuckshit want to be around her? and the scarier question that'd been circling around in her head since he'd found her in the street,

why did he care about her?

she didn't want to sound rude, but fuckshit did not seem like the kind of guy to go out of his way to make sure a girl he barely knew was okay, or walk her home.

she was beginning to realize there was a lot more to fuckshit than what he let the world see. she hoped he would let her see the real him. there she went with hoping again.

"you know, you don't gotta lie."

jeslyn was startled by fuckshit's voice.

she turned her head to the side, where he'd been walking next to her, "what?" she asked.

"earlier, you uh, you said you were fine. you don't have to do that." he said, his voice barely loud enough for jeslyn to hear over their shared footsteps on the gravel beneath them.

she didn't know how to respond to that, he'd completely caught her off guard. he seemed to do that a lot, she noticed.

"do what?" she asked slowly.

she still had her face turned toward his, but he kept his eyes on the ground, or up at the sky, frankly, anywhere that jeslyn's weren't.

"you don't gotta pretend you're okay," he paused to shrug, as though this was a casual conversation they were having, as though he'd told someone this before.