𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝕔𝕙𝕦𝕞 - 𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕝 𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥

☺︎︎

jeslyn sat in her bedroom window, gazing at the sun which had just begun to fall behind the horizon. a few kids rode their bikes down the neighborhood street, hurrying home before the street lights would come on.

music played quietly in jeslyn's small room, filling the silence of the empty two bedroom home. jeslyn's mom didn't stay around for long, usually with a different man in a foreign country or in another state far away.

it wasn't that she didn't love her daughter, she just never wanted one to begin with, and quite frankly, had no idea how to be a mother and never put much effort in to learn.

her mother's absence hurt jeslyn, but it was rare that she let anyone see that she was hurting. she partially hid behind the drugs and parties, like most teenagers her age in california would do. but she began using skating as another shield from the trauma her mother had caused, as well.

jeslyn let her gaze fall onto her skateboard, which had been leaning against her wall for weeks, the nose chipped badly after she had thrown her board while drunk. jeslyn sighed, walking to her skateboard and picking it up.

she knew that eventually she would skate again, it's one of the few things that could set her mind free. she wasn't a good skater, and barely knew any tricks at all, but she still loved it just as much as pro skaters did. but, because of her lack in skill, she refrained from skating around many people, especially people her age.

usually, she would just skate around her neighborhood, or to and from stores..something like that.

jeslyn set her skateboard down again. she walked to her mothers bedroom, searching for any type of money she could find to get herself a new board.

after about thirty minutes of searching and tearing her mothers room up, jeslyn had managed to find enough money to get a basic setup from the skate shop nearby; motor.

jeslyn stuffed the loose dollar bills and change she had collected into a zip lock bag, shoving it into the pockets of her pants. jeslyn grabbed her favorite beanie as well, which also happened to be her only beanie, pulling it over her curly hair.

arriving at the skate shop, jeslyn realized this would only be the second time she's actually gone inside the store. she was a new skater, and had barely bought anything skating related for herself. her mom bought her the skateboard for christmas a few months ago, and the first time she came to this store was with a girl friend, who only wanted to flirt with the cute boys who happened to hang around here often.

jeslyn pulled nervously on the shop's door, the bell signaling her entrance. the shop was empty, except for the five boys sitting in the corner in the back, laughing and talking loudly amongst themselves.