missing sister

Freya was on a scouting mission assigned to her by Indra, her chief, alongside with Lincoln. She considered the tall grounder to be her brother, raising her alongside himself after the death of her parents.

And now, he seemed content with leading them both to their deaths, when he took hostage a young sky girl. Octavia, he said her name was.

She was pretty, with long brown hair, pale skin, and piercing green eyes, rivalling only her own. Her lean body reminded her of why she was interested in girls, rather than the other gender.

The girl was unconscious, having been knocked out after a previous escape attempt. Freya was still unsure of why Lincoln had chosen to rescue and treat her, when she was their enemy. After all, they had landed in their territory.

They were sitting in a series of underground tunnels, created by the Trikru clan for rest and safe cover from the Reapers.

The girl, Octavia, stirred gently, and began to wake up. Once realising her surroundings, she jumped up in the corner, picking up a large rock to defend herself.

'Wh- Who are you?' She cried, rock held out as if preparing to throw.

'Relax, sky girl. I won't hurt you. We did treat you after all. My name is Freya. Freya kom Trikru.'

'Trikru? What is that?' She inquired.

'It means 'wood clan'. It is what my people call themselves. There are also other clans, all under the rule of Heda.' Freya told her.

Her face grew curious, taking in this new information.

'What is a Heda?' She asked.

'Heda means commander, in Trigedasleng, the language of my people. She rules us all.'

Before she could reply, the grate to the room banged open, and a group of teenagers, around Freya's age, barged in. Their leader, a boy with black curly hair and sharing great resemblance to Octavia, pointed a long spear towards Freya, while ordering his people to go to Octavia.

'O, are you alright?' He asked frantically. 'Did the grounders hurt you?'

Freya snorted. Grounders. What a pathetic name.

'I'm alright big brother, calm down. How did you find me?' She asked.

Her eyes widened as I looked between the two. No wonder they looked so similar, they were siblings.

'I followed him.' Right on cue, another skaikru dragged in an unconscious Lincoln, bleeding from a gash on his forehead.

'How drae yu hurt em, nomonjoka?' Freya cried. (how dare you hurt him, motherfucker)

The curly haired boy dug his spear into her neck, drawing a speck of blood.

Fool. She thought. He dares challenge me?

Freya grabbed the spear and twisted underneath it, using her momentum to kick him to the ground, pointing the spear at his face. Spotting someone coming towards her, she threw a knife lined with poison in that direction, a groan heard once it successfully made contact. She smiled at this.

Unfortunately for Freya, she made the mistake a warrior never should. She had turned her back on the other enemy, caught up in her rage to defend Lincoln. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see another boy, wearing a pair of ridiculous goggles, raise a rock and smash it down on her head. Her vision went black and she collapsed onto the ground, the last thing she heard was Octavia's cries of protest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

Please tell me your thoughts in the comment section!