justice is served

A/N

............... greatest apologies, reader, it's been a while. Sorry about that, btw. But yeah, I still have some old drafts of the story and have decided to upload them slowly, hence the shorter chapters (which I apologise for again). 

Anyways, enjoy! And don't forget to vote!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn had turned himself in.

Night had fallen, and Freya was now standing next to Lexa, watching as two men tied him to a post, overlooking Arkadia, the skaikru camp. She could hear her people chanting 'Jus drein jus daun' over and over again, loud enough to send chills down the spines of the audience from skaikru.

Just as her Heda pulled out her sword to make the first cut, a voice rang out, stopping her in her tracks:

'STOP!'

It was Clarke, a desperate look on her face.

'Let her pass', was Lexa's reply. 'Speak, Clarke'.

'Please don't kill him, take me instead.' She begged. 'He did this for me!'

'Then he shall die for you as well,' Lexa bluntly told her. 'Justice must be carried out.'

'Can I at least say goodbye?'

After a permissive nod from Lexa, Clarke walked up to Finn, and started whispering in his ears, too quiet for Freya to hear.

She noticed how Clarke moved her hand discreetly, how Finn's head slumped down on her shoulder. A red stain appeared on his shirt, growing larger by the second. The light left his eyes.

Frey looked on in shock as Clarke moved back, sobbing quietly, hands painted in red.

'Em ste nou justice ai Heda!' Freya shouted.

(it is not justice, my Heda)

'Shop of, Freya. IT IS DONE!' Lexa shouted, alerting her people.

(quiet, Freya)

Freya knew her people would never accept this as justice, but they had no choice but to obey their commander.

In the distance, from Arkadia, a loud scream echoed over the crowd, followed by a series of cries. Freya could not find it in her heart to feel sympathy for the mourner. After all, this was Earth, and everything is harsh, including the justice.