escape

Freya wasn't sure how long she had spent in the dingy room. She drifted in and out of consciousness, her injuries and position preventing her from resting, the rope digging into the delicate skin of her wrist.

She didn't have the energy to converse with Lincoln, and the lack of food combined with her severe injuries made her weak and feverish.

Octavia had come by once, after somehow avoiding her nightmare of a brother, and begged for forgiveness while sneaking them food. She must have been caught as she never returned after that.

Freya's mind was stuck on Raven, who she thought was beautiful. She felt a pang in her chest as she remembered the torture she carried out on her, and her obvious care for the injured boy.

Her mind drifted to her deceased parents, wondering what they would make out of her situation. They would be disappointed for sure, ashamed that she was in such a pitiful situation. They were warriors through and through, their only concerns were for war and fighting, no regards for their back then 6-year-old daughter.

Pain flashed through her mind, as she fell back into a memory.

A little girl stood near a tree, a throwing knife clutched in her hand. She raise it above her head, before throwing it with all the force in her body, yet it bounced off and lay uselessly on the ground. She looked to the side, already knowing what would come, her eyes filled with fear.

Yet, she kept quiet, rather mature for her age, and readied herself for the oncoming assault.

'YOU FOOL', her father roared, spit flying into her face. He was a large man, built of muscle, his gaze striking fear through everyone who crossed his path.

The girl cowered, immediately curling up into a small ball, defending herself from the onslaught of punches she received. He was not satisfied until he drew blood, and lots of it at that. He didn't give up until the the blood blended in with the colour of her hair, a waterfall of fiery red.

'YOU MISS AGAIN AND I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF. A WARRIOR NEVER FAILS.'

And Freya never dropped a knife again.

The door banged open, releasing Freya from her torturous memories, revealing the cautious face of Octavia. She sneaked through the door, making her way towards Lincoln, untying his binds first, before helping him untie Freya.

Freya collapsed against the familiar warmth of Lincoln, before paying attention to what Octavia was saying.

'- and everyone is high out on Jobi nuts, so you can sneak out without anyone caring. But we need to hurry. Let's go.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrying Freya out of what Octavia called the 'dropship' turned out to be an immense task, as she was injured to the point that even the mildest scrape against a wall sent fire coursing through her body. Once outside, they ran into the injured boy, Finn, who appeared to be in a sober state, unlike the rest of the skaikru.

For some reason unknown to her, he let them pass, and went on his own way.

Reaching the makeshift wall of the camp, Freya spotted familiar caramel hair, staring in their direction. As they left, Freya could have sworn she saw regret and pity flicking across her face, before turning in the opposite direction, allowing them to escape.

Freya said a mental goodbye, and hoped for both of their sakes that they may never meet again.

A/N - 

Please vote and comment, don't be silent readers! 

I can't tell you how happy I was when I saw that my story had 154 reads! Thanks you all so much 🥰.