recovery

Freya's recovery was slow and painful, condemning her to the bed for weeks on end.

The left side of her face was left scarred, her eye blinded from the sharp edge of the belt. The bright, forest green of her eye was replaced by a duller, murky colour. It embarrassed her, was a sign of her failure, and so she cut short a portion of her red hair to hide the scars.

Indra was distraught and angry to see her second in such a condition.

'Ai well kill em hogeda'. She roared, stabbing everything in sight.

(i will kill them all)

'Em ste fine, Indra, emo will ge chit comes kom em', Freya told her, once she was finally able to hobble out of bed.

(it is fine, Indra, they will get what comes to them)

'No it is not , goufa, and when the time comes, you will get your justice.'

(child)

After Freya's slow recovery, she quickly returned to her old routine of training with Lincoln, who was all too happy to see the girl he considered his sister. The only thing remaining from the cruel encounter was the many scars that littered her body, fresh in comparison to the old, faded ones she had received a lifetime ago from her father.

The night was still imprinted in her mind, the current flowing through her veins replicated in her nightmares, waking up screaming for mercy.

Through the day, she trained harder than ever, getting accustomed fighting and surviving with one eye rather than two, and trying to push out the thoughts of a certain brunette invading her mind, followed by her flinching upon the memory of the girls cruel actions.

Lincoln as worried about her, of course. How could he not be? She was his sister, and her pain was his pain, and vice versa. He confided his worries in Octavia, how she flinched and moved away every time she saw a mirror.

'Give her time', Octavia had told him. 'She's a survivor, a fighter. She'll get through this'.

But Lincoln knew that this as more about injury. He had seen the way Freya looked at the girl they called Raven, had seen the pain she felt when the girl struck her. Though she had never seen the girl prior to then, he knew she possessed feelings for her which undoubtedly bothered her and was disrupting her recovery.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Don't forget to vote and comment!