8

Sitting up from the bed, I stretch my arms out, yawning. My belly grumbles, and I look outside to see the sun has been replaced by the moon.

How long was I in there? Why can't I remember what happened?

I slide off the mattress and walk down the stairs, freezing in place when I see Robbie on the couch. My breathing completely halts, my feet stuck in place as the echoes of deep grunts surround me.

As I push myself to take a few steps in the direction of the harrowing sounds, I see that he's not alone. Below him is a blonde, the exact same blonde I saw in Eric's bed last night. They're naked, rubbing against each other, kissing, groping, moaning. My heart is slowly being ripped out, split in two, set on fire, and thrown away.

I'm unable to speak, but I do take a few more steps forward, seeing articles of clothing spread across the floor; underwear, shoes, a condom wrapper. I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand as her nails rake down his back, marking him.

"Robbie?" I whisper, my eyes welling with tears. I choke, taking a deep breath when he jolts up, like a deer caught in headlights. I step back as he jumps off the couch, cupping himself. I raise my hand as he walks towards me. "How could you?"

"It's not what it looks like, Danielle." His wide eyes flit from me to the blonde still lying on the couch, biting down on his lip. "Okay, it looks bad, but can you blame me?"

Scowling at him, I shake my head in disbelief. "Yes, I blame you!" I shove his chest as hard as I can, barely shifting him. "Why?" I snap, crossing my arms, my eyes narrowed into slits as tears roll down my cheeks. "Why would you do this to me? We've been together since we were fifteen!"

He's lost for words, running his hand through his hair. "You need to leave," he orders the blonde, throwing her clothes to the couch. She looks confused, her glare darting from Robbie to me, and her eyes widen at the realisation that she's just slept with someone else's man.

"Oh my God," she mutters as she slowly stands, covering her breasts, the marks his mouth caused visible. The colour drains from her cheeks, and a shaking hand pushes her hair out of her face. "I'm so sorry. I didn't..." She gathers her things and leaves, not giving me another glance.

I growl at Robbie, completely disgusted, dragging my scowl up and down his naked body. "We're done. Get your things and leave. I've had enough."

He doesn't say anything, just stares at the ground in disbelief, as if he can't fathom that I'm kicking him out. He eventually nods, disappearing upstairs so I can hyperventilate in peace.

I sit at the dining table, my head in my hands, heaving in the air as I break my heart crying. It feels strange, having your whole world ripped apart by one act of disloyalty, and I'm trying my hardest to figure out where we went wrong, what I did wrong.

No. Robbie can shove it. I'm loyal, I'm kind, I'm probably the most respectful of partners within the dome, and he thinks he can treat me this way?

I feel a surge of confidence as I lift my head, pushing off the counter to march up the twisting steps.

This is it. We're done... for good.

The thought of being alone scares me more than losing Robbie, and that thought alone tells me it's time for my cheating boyfriend to pack his stuff and leave my life.

He's waiting for me in our... my bedroom, dressed, his hair wet from the shower. He stares down at the floor, not speaking when I walk in with my arms crossed, and he doesn't say anything when I start pulling all his things out of the wardrobe.