28

REHASHING THE LAST FEW PARAGRAPHS FROM 27 SINCE IT'S BEEN A WHILE!

He comes closer until I can smell the soap from his earlier shower, intoxicating to my senses. He slowly curls his long fingers into the nape of my neck, using his thumb to push my chin up, so I look at him. "Better," he says through gritted teeth, his gaze dropping to my mouth then back to my desperate and now glazed over eyes.

I have goosebumps littering my skin, my spine tingling while I continue to deeply inhale. He's so tall that my neck cranes to make direct eye contact, and when he comes even closer, my stare falls to his mouth.

The air between us shifts as he moves a curl from my face, the pad of his thumb running slowly along my bottom lip. His grip on my throat tightens ever so slightly, causing my thighs to clench together.

Give in.

Something snaps in the atmosphere we've been so careful not to tamper with, the kaleidoscope twisting until it's on that perfect picture. Beautiful, yet messy, and easy to alter with one misdirected action.

We are exactly that, a shattering kaleidoscope on the brink of destruction.

An unmatched pair made in a treacherously forbidden tryst that we can't seem to stay away from, no matter the consequences. No chance. No future. Nothing. Yet here we are.

With a silence that's deafening, an explosive surge of raging adrenaline overwhelms us, and I can see Eric's pupils dilating. The temperature of the room had already been hot from our training, now it's like an inferno.

"You're going to be the fucking end of me," he says with a snarl, drawing my face towards his. "Aren't you?"

And then, without allowing me to respond, completely taking my breath away, Eric finally gives in, roughly crashing his lips to mine.

The tension change is sudden. There isn't an ounce of softness behind it. I don't think Eric knows the meaning of the word. He's warning me, his lips painfully fused to mine, and although this is what I wanted, the harshness of how roughly he's crushing my mouth urges me to shove him away.

I've witnessed Eric with a lot of women, all of them being utterly stunning. I've watched him fuck them with no emotion, bringing each one to submit themselves to him using only his fingers, a stone throw away from my bedroom.

He never kissed them.

Yet, he just kissed me.

What makes me any different?

He looks mad, his eyes blazing into mine as he moves away from me. "What? Is this not what you want?" he asks with a condescending tone, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "For me to grow a set of balls and give in, right?" He backs up until he's in the middle of the room, leaving me against the wall. "Stop trying to pull something from me that doesn't exist. I'm not someone who can make you happy."

"So you keep saying. I would believe you if it weren't for all the mixed signals."

He bites his lip, smiling. "I could shag your brains out?" he suggests. "Would that suffice enough for you to accept this is nothing more than sexual attraction?"

I roll my eyes, trying not to break from my annoyance. "Fuck you, Eric."

His grin is devil-like. "I'm easy. Just say the word, I promise not to be gentle."

Idiot.

Shoving myself away from the wall, I make my way to the middle of the mats, until I'm right in front of him. "Why did you do that, then?"