Epilogue

Author's Note: Well, friends, this is the end of this tale for now. If you've made it this far, I appreciate you coming along for the ride! There is an unwritten future in store for Dalia and Adonis - and if this achieves any sort of success I just might find the time to write it. 

Much love.

~ C.S. Meyer

------------✨------------

Ten months later...

For the longest time she didn't think that she was worthy of love. She chased it in all of the wrong places and settled for the approval of others, instead. In the process, she had lost the approval of the only person that mattered; herself.

In the months that followed the breaking of the curse, Dal was introduced to an even deeper world of magic and intrigue, one that she had never known existed. She spent her days bouncing between her mother's new shop on fourth street, and Magistrar Garvis' study at the castle. She had much to learn if she was to be the next Magistrar, and as the world shifted around her, she decided that a place at the castle, by Adonis' side, was exactly where she wanted to be.

But, she didn't want to be his servant, and she didn't want to be the princess consort. At least, not in the traditional sense. She knew now that her heart and gut would lead her in the right direction, and she only had to follow it.

Her husband, the Crowned Prince of Eidas, was her perfect half in every respect. He challenged her because he respected her, and she did the same for him in turn. The pair of them were damaged in parallel ways, and the pain gave them a shared understanding of one another.

Adonis walked into their bedroom, tucking his shirt as he approached. Dal took a deep breath and let her gaze slip over his form. As difficult as he could be, he was effortless.

He walked to her seated position at the vanity and tucked a lock of red hair behind her ear. She smiled up at him and relished the feel of his finger tracing her jawline.

"Are you sure you're fine enough to ride down to the docks?" Adonis' worried expression warmed her heart. He was always worrying about her of late.

Dal reached out and smoothed wrinkled lines between his brows. Her husband whisked her hand away, and pressed a kiss to her open palm.

"I probably won't ride, but I can take a carriage," she reassured him.

Adonis nodded, and pressed a gentle touch to her rounded stomach. After they had gotten a quick marriage following breaking the curse, they had wasted no time memorizing every line of the other's body. By Dal's calculations she was due sometime in the next month.

The dark headed prince glanced at the clock against the far wall.

"If we're taking a coach, we should leave now if we want to make it in time."

Adonis offered his hand, and Dal hoisted herself up. Walking was getting more and more difficult as the days passed, and in truth she felt more like she was waddling rather than walking. He led her out of their shared rooms, located on the fourth floor of the castle. His work-worn hands steadied her, and she shifted her own worn hands in his, and reveled in the intimate touch. He was getting scared to touch her as she neared her delivery date, and this small contact was all she could stand between the immense pain in her joints and her irritable sleeping patterns.

When they finally made it out to the front of the castle, after what felt like ages of slow waddling, Adonis helped her into a two person coach, and after whispering instructions to the driver, took a seat beside her. He shut the door firmly behind him, keeping the cool Fall weather off of her.