Chapter 10

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Derek asked nervously. "Derek, I have to. For my own sake." Meredith replied honestly.

"Okay." He replied with a sigh. Meredith slid out of the bed and limped to the wheelchair. Her collarbone had been healed, so she had no sling anymore, and her leg was still in a brace, but she could walk very slowly with a limp.

Derek had forced her to sit in the wheelchair as they rolled down the hall to the cafeteria. "Ready?" He asked as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Let's go." She replied with a brave chuckle.

They got in and immediately saw Lou and his family sitting at a table. Derek rolled her up cautiously and stopped in front of them. "Hi. I, uh- I'm Lou. These are my daughters and my wife." Lou introduced nervously.

"Dr Derek Shepherd and my wife Dr Meredith Grey." Derek said, trying to keep the sharpness out of his voice as he held out his hand to his wife's attacker. Lou took his hand and gave a firm shake and sat back down.

"I'm so sorry." Lou apologized honestly. "I-I didn't know what I was doing. I can hardly remember it. I'm so sorry." He said apologetically. "I- it's okay." Meredith replied quietly. "No, it's not. I hurt you. Badly. I'll feel guilty for the rest of my life. I'm so sorry." Lou apologized again.

Instead of speaking, Meredith reached over and grabbed his hand softly. Derek watched proudly and cautiously, proud of his wife that she had such a big heart and could forgive the man who almost killed her.

"You have any kids?" Lou asked. "Three." Meredith replied with a smile. "How old?" Lou's wife asked. "Almost 1 year old, a almost 3 year old, and an almost 5 year old." Derek replied for her. "Ah, I remember when mine were that young. Good times." Lou said with a smile.

They chatted for a while before parting ways. "I'm proud of you." He whispered as they rolled back to her hospital room. They got back and sat down on the couch, chatting over a nice hospital food lunch. "I want to go home." Meredith whined. Derek chuckled. "Soon I'm sure." He said with a reassuringly smile.

"Hey where are the kids?" Meredith asked. "They're all good. Excited to see you again, but they're good." Derek replied as he turned and faced his wife. "Good. I seriously can't wait to be home." Meredith sighed. "I know." He replied as he cupped her fave softly and kissed her. "You are going to have to take it easy for a little while though." He said.

"I know. I will. I'll just be glad to spend time with the kids and you when you don't have work." Meredith replied. "I'm taking some time off until you're completely okay." Derek said. "You don't have to do that." Meredith said. "I do though. You're my wife. I want to make sure your okay. And I missed you all so much in dc. I'm not gonna miss out on anything else." He said firmly, yet with a soft tone.

"Okay." Meredith replied as Bailey and other doctors came in for rounds.

They listened through their assessments and waited. "Grey; you can go home tomorrow." Bailey announced with an uncharacteristic smile. "I can?" Meredith asked in surprise. "Yes, but you have to take it easy." She said. "You are not to walk on that leg unless you absolutely have to. If you wanna hold the kids, that's fine, but just be careful. Oh, and your off of work for another 2 weeks at least." Callie added.

"2 weeks? I've been stuck in here for so long!" Meredith complained. "I don't wanna hear it Grey. Be lucky I'm allowing you to go home." Bailey said sternly. "Okay." Meredith grumbled.

"2 weeks?!" Meredith exclaimed as Bailey and everyone else left. "Mer, you can barely walk." Derek pointed out gently. "I can walk." She argued. "Fine. You can walk but maybe 5 steps without limping and holding on to something." He said with a smug look.

Meredith rolled her eyes and groaned. "You'll survive. The kids and I will be with you." He said softly. "I know." She replied with a sigh. Derek sat in the bed next to her and they decided to look at old pictures on dereks phone for a while, calming Merediths nerves down.

Meredith fell asleep, derek lulling her to sleep. Meredith was almost back to normal, but she still had occasional pain. Bailey had her on normal painkillers, which still made her sleepy.

Derek slipped out of the bed and went to the bag room to clean himself up. He looked at his phone when he got a text. "How's Meredith?" His mom texted. "She's good. Going home tomorrow. Thank you for coming to help earlier." He sent back. "Anytime. Glad she's okay." Carolyn texted.

The rest of the day, Meredith woke up and just chatted with Derek. He brought the kids in, which made Meredith happy, and they all had a overall pretty good night together . Meredith fell asleep quickly rhat might, very excited for the next day to
Come to go gome.

Hey guys!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them. Hope your all doing well!