𝖤𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗒 #𝟤𝟢: 𝖨𝗅𝗅𝗎𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇

{ definitions

{ definitions. }

Matrixing: "the manner in which the human brain may deceive the senses into perceiving abnormalities when least expected."

Mirage: "an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions, especially in the form of the appearance of a sheet of water in a desert or on a hot road."

The brain is one of the most complex organs belonging to a living organism

The brain is one of the most complex organs belonging to a living organism. It houses core functions of the body such as movement, perception, pattern recognition, thought, and emotion. Despite its complexity, the human brain may occasionally cause faults in perception due to varying factors associated with how it may register and process received information. These faults are often labelled beneath the umbrella terms of "hallucinations" or "illusions" otherwise not associated with mental illness or disorders.

All of the following symptoms are structurally normal and are psychologically embedded in the mind by default. This entry will apply to most everyone reading.

{ peripherals. }

Peripheral vision is what a person sees out of the corner of their eye as they look forward. Periphery is the easiest to find faults of perception in, as the eyes don't receive a full panoramic view of the encompassing environment when in this state of vision. The brain attempts to fill in the blanks with inferred information based off of what it can see. This process of the brain isn't particularly reliable when other factors are introduced.

Illusions created by the brain when processing peripheral vision is perfectly exemplified in the video attached below.

Throughout the video, the only direction given to the viewer is to gaze intently at the cross in the center of the screen as images of various celebrities are filtered through on either side of the screen. As each image passes, the viewer's perception of the celebrities' facial features become warped, despite no physical alterations having been made to the images.

Some features may appear enlarged or minimized, while others are more indented or flattened. Some may even disappear entirely.

The reasoning for this illusion is in regards to how the brain registers one face having more prominent features in comparison to the other. The brain attempts to apply this information, only to over-exaggerate features. For example, if the brain recognizes one face has a small forehead whereas the other has an average forehead, the forehead on the "normal" face becomes disproportionately large in the viewer's periphery. If one face has average lips whereas the other has large lips, the lips on the "normal" face would appear disproportionately smaller in the viewer's periphery.

Since we have a grasp on the basic understanding of how periphery can be unreliable given particular context, we can apply this information to scenarios outside of facial recognition as well. Through this, we can assume peripheral vision worsens under conditions such as dim lighting or environments with elaborate and/or potentially asymmetrical detail such as decorated hallways, streets lined with objects or homes, or even nature. Anything spotted out of periphery is less likely to be plausible in regards to supernatural or paranormal elements.

{ matrixing. }

This illusion occurs when the brain picks out particular patterns in our environment and arranges them to appear familiar to us. This is the reason why we can gaze at clouds and identify their shapes appearing as something we recognize. Matrixing is why we can look into the night sky and locate constellations. Matrixing is why we can associate on odd glint of a light or a smear on a surface with a strange resemblance to a face.

In a paranormal sense, matrixing is why our eyes make something out of nothing.

This doesn't always mean paranormal investigators and experts are wrong when photographing or recording odd occurrences featuring humanoid figures or faces, but it still is a greater concern when considering said images.

There's multiple methods to determine whether something is formed out of illusion or out of genuine manifestation. Oftentimes, if the object in question blends in with its surroundings due to its shape or color, it's a product of matrixing. If the brain recognizes the object as a face, ensure its features are proportionate to that of a normal face. If there's conditions surrounding the object such as shadows or a particular light source, this may be at fault for its appearance as well.

Matrixing isn't exclusive to visual elements, as it can be found in auditory elements as well.

When listening to static noise such as white noise from a radio or television set, matrixing may manifest in the form of voices. If you hear a voice, register whether or not it sounds coherent. If it does, make sure its statement(s) is/are relevant to your situation.

{ mirage. }

Mirages are not only products of manipulation from the brain, but also of aspects on a scientific level in regards to atmospheric conditions.

A molecule is the most subatomic—or smallest—level of matter which composes every structure in the universe. Because everything consists of molecules, even air is technically a physical element. Air is always touching something, but only at the molecular level.

The way we perceive color is not only due to the structural make-up of our eyes and the processing of our brains, but it's also due to the manner in which light refracts and is received by particular molecules. Typically we cannot see how light refracts on air molecules, so we perceive it as transparent. Under conditions of intense heat or humidity, however, it changes.

In locations of extreme heat, such as deserts, some travelers see the form of a sheet of water in the distance. Yet no matter the distance traveled to try to reach it, water is not available. This is an example of a mirage. And perhaps some experiencers who venture outdoors in heated locations may have their predicaments explained simply by similar effects to that of mirages.