𝖤𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗒 #𝟣𝟫: 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗎𝗌𝗍

{ definitions

{ definitions. }

Dream: "a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep."

Precognition: "knowledge of a future event or situation, especially through extrasensory means."

Early philosophers and psychologists once perceived dreams to contain deeper meaning and indicate subconscious desires and fears

Early philosophers and psychologists once perceived dreams to contain deeper meaning and indicate subconscious desires and fears. As advancements toward sleep studies progressed, more professionals were inclined to believe dreams were simply a collection of thoughts, images, emotions, and events experienced throughout the day and the days prior. Not only is this proven true, but an array of scientific studies also indicate subject matter and atmosphere within dreams depend on a variety of factors—including sleep patterns and dietary habits—in conjunction with each other.

Fevers and overall high room temperature can attribute to poor sleeping patterns and dreams, whereas regulated body temperatures and medium-to-cold air can improve sleep. Foods containing dairy, spices, or fat tend to promote nightmares. Conversely, sweet foods and foods rich with tryptophan (such as turkey) encourage more pleasant dreams and improved sleep patterns if not eaten within large meals. Chocolate is implied to have varying effects, although consuming too much can allow its caffeine content to render the body restless and lethargic after waking.

{ premonitions. }

Though not all experience it, some individuals are capable of having dreams which later manifest into reality. There's no solid explanation as to why this happens, though certified hypnotist and particle physicist Dr. Eric Amidi suggests the phenomenon may be the result of the body shutting down all conscious thought while resting—in turn accessing the subconscious mind's internalized abilities such as precognition. Most dreams and nightmares require critical thought or cognitive behaviors; by extension, most dreams are rarely premonitions.

{ interpreting dreams. }

In my initial middle school years when I first became friends with Ronnie, both of us entertained the notion you could—in some way—foretell your future based on your dreams, even those of more abstract nature.